Lugnut locks, no key

verse

Anyone know how I can get my lugnuts off? I don't have the key. They aren't the ones with the round outside and the inside key. They have little knobs around the outside. I tried buying a striped bolt kit from Sears, but there wasn't enough room for it to work. Any ideas? If I can't find anything I'm going to just have it towed to Discount Tire or something :\

I have a key for mine. It's got 6 little nubs on the key (around the edges).. I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for or not. If you want, you can swing my my house in Gahanna and see if it's the right one, or I can just get a pic for ya. Let me know.

Guest Kahamri
Originally posted by Jon:

I'm going to just have it towed to Discount Tire or something :\

Discount tire is pretty cheep. It was like 20 bucks to get all 4 of my locking lugnuts cut off. But I could also drive my car to the place. the tow might suck

Guest powers
Originally posted by Koritina:

I hear some dealerships melt them off..

It's called burning them off. They sell burn kits and discount i know has them. They are a cone shaped socket that fits around the outside of the lock. As the impact spins it get's hot grabs the lock nut and takes it right off. I spent about 3 hours drilling one off before. Discount zipped it off in less than a minute.