Inherited 3000GT sl

Guest Flapjack_Peso

Guest Flapjack_Peso
Hey I just inherited a 94 3000GT sl, five speed, front wheel drive 3.0L v6 dohc Want to due some work, I am not too concerneed about body appearances but want more acceleration and handeling, any ideas for my limited income would be much appreciated

Originally posted by Flapjack_Peso:

Hey I just inherited a 94 3000GT sl, five speed, front wheel drive 3.0L v6 dohc Want to due some work, I am not too concerneed about body appearances but want more acceleration and handeling, any ideas for my limited income would be much appreciated

well 3000gt are expensive to mod out. So if i were you i would keep saving.

put a small block chevy in it and make it rear wheel drive

that's what i would do, but only because i would want to spite monkey boy

get some good shocks spring and tires, there's your handling. Just spray the motor and be done with it, assuming you're N/A. If it's a turbo motor then just crank up da boost.

Originally posted by blinkkilla182:

so what should he get a sentra? actually i dont even know why i care i sold my car.

my se-r will do a lot of things better then that turd, and if you want to make a flame post, knock yourself out, you will get owned. Believe or not the sentra se-r has 1034897234981749 more potential then a 3000gt sl.

I have to agree to the selling it remark. It would cost way to much to convert it to a VR4, and it just doesn't have the mod potential. Maintance is expensive, and it just isn't a great performer.

Makes for a nice stock daily driver as long as the car isn't worn out, as throwing constant parts at it could get expensive. They look nice at least. smile.gif Nothing wrong with having a stock daily driver!

nitrous is your friend. it might be better to just make it a nice daily and mod a car with a little more potential. I can't really talk though. try a turbo I added over 100hp to my car for less than 200 bucks its possible if you don't mind junkyarding it alot.

good luck

Originally posted by B DUBS:

my se-r will do a lot of things better then that turd, and if you want to make a flame post, knock yourself out, you will get owned. Believe or not the sentra se-r has 1034897234981749 more potential then a 3000gt sl.

oh fuck off did you not read the rest of it i said i dont even care so get over it.

If you really want to mod it check this place out.

www.quantum-racing.com

they are very knowledgeable, and very friendly.

I do want to warn you though, as it may be hard to understand this next comment it is the truth.

3s's have the same reliabity factor as a rx-7.

Transmission is not great, actually horrible.

And two, bad engineering on the block, like to spit rod bearings.

The choice is ultimatly yours,

good luck

general theme here: you could toss a small n2o shot on it, but out side of that and your bpu's, it's not really worth upgrading much at all. The car is still really heavy even with the fwd version. PIck up some strut braces or something of the affect along with springs for handling, you know just the basic stuff but just keep it the way it is outside of that. If you're wanting to move into the turbo platform contemplate selling it. If it's in good condition you could get a decent little amount.

Intake/exhaust stuff like that is pretty inexpensive compared to trying to do a turbo setup etc.

Talk with Stealthmonkey(geoff) about doing things to that engine, 3s's are his baby from what ive heard.