Valve springs (install)

Buck531

Anyone want to come over ot my house this Friday/Saturday to install some valve springs?

I've never done them, and I'm paranoid that a valve will drop. I WILL have air tools if that matters.

So.. anyone want to come over? I'm guessing it'll take an hour or so.

No one?.. sweet. graemlins/jerkit.gif:rolleyes:

The rockers and everything are already going to be removed. The only thing I need for someone to do is either A: show me how to do it, or B: do it smile.gif . I just don't want to take the chance of hosing something up.

Guest stevil

I've done mine and could help, but I'll be out of town this weekend.

What you want is the air attachment that fits into your spark plug hole (I have one if you want to borrow it, or they are like $5 or less at NAPA/Autozone). Also rent or borrow a valve spring compressor.

The process is fairly easy, just sort of time consuming.

dude, it'll take more than an hour..... it's a PITA.. I have several different valve spring compressors and the airtool attachment as well as my trusty rope I was using.... I'll be away at a bachlor party so I can't help, but u can borrow the tools if you want...

OH... make sure you have a rubber mallet also. Those keepers sometime need some persuasion