turbo dodge questions

Dave1647545494

ok I swapped an 88 G head and mitsu turbo into my 94 shadow and have the smec style engine controller however where the main harness plugs into the connector under the dash its all different is there a conversion harness or good diagram somewhere I can look at to rewire the end of this harness to plug into my dash.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest OmniSRT4
Originally posted by Gas, Grass, or Ass:

ok I swapped an 88 G head and mitsu turbo into my 94 shadow and have the smec style engine controller however where the main harness plugs into the connector under the dash its all different is there a conversion harness or good diagram somewhere I can look at to rewire the end of this harness to plug into my dash.

thanks

Are you saying you are trying to put an SMEC controller and wiring harness into your SBEC2 car?

What you need is the Factory Service manual for a 94 and for whatever year wiring harness you are trying to use. It has wiring diagrams.

Just wire the correct wires to the correct part of the plug.

One question though, are you putting a turbo on a stock TBI bottom end? The TBI has weak rods and high compression. You need turbo rods and pistons.

Originally posted by OmniSRT4:

Are you saying you are trying to put an SMEC controller and wiring harness into your SBEC2 car?

What you need is the Factory Service manual for a 94 and for whatever year wiring harness you are trying to use. It has wiring diagrams.

Just wire the correct wires to the correct part of the plug.

One question though, are you putting a turbo on a stock TBI bottom end? The TBI has weak rods and high compression. You need turbo rods and pistons.

i think he wants to see what the tbi bottom end runs. BTW david i IMed about that intercooler

tbi bottom end is holding O got her to work sorta 5psi till I build a manual boost controller anybody have aprts list to do a home depot special?

runs rich at idle and still a little heavy in boost I'm going to convert the car to an all 88 or 89 smec style harness as it seems to be the most popular type. for now the conversion works now to see just how far that tbi bottom will go before I put a hole in the block smile.gif