anyone with honda knowledge.. need your help

Guest J millz

hey guys this is jacki for those of you who know me havn't posted in a while-- wanted to get anyones suggestion on car issues... my car (89 or 90 or 91..not sure :-/ honda civic hatchback) decided to just...die on the road like the clutch disengaged or something and then it stopped. The car slowed first like it wouldnt let me shift in to third and then i tried downshifting into second and its like the car had stalled but the power was still on. I turned the car off and tried to start it again and then this amazing smell of sulfer hit. The car had power but the engine wouldnt turn over. Thought someone might be able to tell me if it sounded like my clutch just died or if anyone has any idea of what happened.. that would be awesome. Yes this should be in the tech section, but I wanted to get a few hits so people would read it- thanks for any help

-Jacki

The cat on those cars is part of the headers. However the cats are covered under waranty for 100,000 miles or so. If you are under that the dealer will replace the $1200 cat and header for free. My buddy had it done at 98,000 miles on his 97 DX Hatch. I'm gueeing you have over 100,000 being an early 90's though.

well my dad made me have it towed to firestone... and I just really dont want to be fucked over basically--- like everytime I go in they are like well your car's not going to run if you don't replace all this and I always ask and people always tell me that they lie... lol so I just need to go in prepared and let them know what other people think is wrong so I don't end up sending their children and grandchildren to college...

Thanks for all the help guys

Guest FBody Addict

chain shops want $$

there are some things you can have done without having other suggested (the crap they tell you you "need" when one thing goes bad) but unless you know cars pretty well, then you should ask "bottom line, whats gonna happen if i dont get this fixed?" and decide if it's worth the cost

Originally posted by Ricochet:

I feel a raping comin on..

babaykaos, let us know what the total bill is when you get it so we can laugh at you.

lol thanks ... yeah well it's ok, I'm sure everything will be ok and if it's- not live and learn and don't buy a honda again lol (to all of you who love them- rock on... they just arn't me)

hah if you are complaining abou the costs try buying a cavalier that old.

i have had Dave do work on my parents cars and he does great work at a reasonable price i'd have took it to him, but i guess if ur set on firestone rock on.

Guest FBody Addict
Originally posted by Ricochet:

why, because your 15 year old car is having problems? Try finding some other car that year that doesn't have a single problem and I'll switch from Honda.. A spoiled cat converter is nothing compared to other problems stock cars that old have.

for the most part, my 18 year old car has no problems, and none that aren't things that just go bad, of course, that rear main is a bitch

Originally posted by Slow As Hell 86 T/A:

for the most part, my 18 year old car has no problems, and none that aren't things that just go bad, of course, that rear main is a bitch

backfiring, 20 threads of problems and you say you have ahd no problems?

Guest FBody Addict
Originally posted by Mud Butt:

backfiring, 20 threads of problems and you say you have ahd no problems?
nothing that really effects drivability, except for that oil seal, cause you know driving with no oil kills drivability