Fuel Filler Neck Question

Sully

I just discovered last night that the upper fuel filler neck, on a beater i just bought, is leaking. I have had no luck finding one online. I called a chevy dealer and they said that they could get one, but it would cost 216.50!!! That is just way too much money to put into this car. Does anyone know if that piece can be repaired? I'm going to start calling salvage yards tomorrow as well. Any info would be appreciated.

The car is an 88 Chevy Nova, yup, Satan's old car..hehe. It is leaking right in the center of the upper fuel filler neck. It is a metal piece probably about a foot long. It connects into a rubber section, which obviously goes down to the fuel tank.

It was leaking because I had the passenger side of the car up on jackstands, which let the fuel run back into the filler neck. If the car is sitting on the ground, it doesn't leak.

I was thinking about wrapping that piece with aluminum sticky tape until I can find a replacement. Do you think that would work?