Honda with alot of nitrous?

Crash1647545504

Ok so im looking to get a new car in the spring and im keeping my options wide open.

One thing iv been pondering on is a 2Dr civic stock exterior, and an SOHC Vtec motor, I can get forged rods and pistons for next to nothing.

The plan is a 150wet shot (NX or NOS) on forged rods and pistons, can I go without a forged crank? I know on the Summit all i had to do was pull the head and oilpan and I could change out the rods and pistons without pulling the motor. Can I do that on this car?

Also am I going to be runing into trouble Tranny wise with a manual tranny?

yea my Z24 is a cast crank... and as far as i know, im the only person to ever break one smile.gif

Go me graemlins/thumb.gif

Theres guys making a hair over 400whp on cryo treated cast cranks so they arent like tooth picks. One of the strongest stock cranks you can get actully.

Clutch and pump are a given, but do you think a 190 would work fine... I have one in the garage right now. Does anyone have a recomendation for an Axle?

I think im going this rout. Its more in my budget than an SRT-4 and seems like a fun little project.

Yeah, I have heard Honda's DO NOT respond well to spray.

I think Chris (RedLudeSH on here) was spraying his prelude, and on a 55 shot picked up like 3 mph and actually turned a slower e.t., could just be driver error though, who knows.

Course, I know how spray is. So much fun, especially when people dont expect it.

Guess I helped you with nothing, good luck!

I'm selling my kit. I'm my block is built with rods and pistons and can see around 16lbs easy tuned with hondata that is. My car held even with Rico when i was running the stock setting of 5.5psi, at 12lbs which I run most of the time, I'd pretty quick for a honda. As for spray, the only reason that I'd spray my honda would be if i had a turbo large enough to need spray to get it spooled.

You won't need a new clutch enless you make more than 180whp, I love my ACT xtss.

the problem with greddy kits is they run out of eff around 12-14psi from what i've heard, the apexi kit that i run has been taken up to 18-20psi and seen numbers in the 300s.

I can sell you my basic kit with FMIC, Turbo, manifold, downpipe, BOV and oil lines for 1600, I've got extras such as injectos, gauges, a boost controller, and other odds and ends. If you want more details, send me a pm.

your going to a honda? i guess you wont have all the dsm problems :D hows the beretta doing by the way?

to answer your question: can you put the pistions and rods w/ the engine in the car. on this car you can, but i would recommend you pulling it out. reason being is that you are going to have to change your clutch and halfshafts and thats half the work on civics. we pulled my buddy's motor out of his civic in 4 hours with 2 people.