Need more Mods.

Big Chief2011647545501

I cant quiet figure out what else to do to my camaro besides light-weight it. Anyone got any ideas? I put in a new Lt1 350, which I had bored out. Replaces the old th-700 trans for a th-350 with a shift kit and a bunch of light-weight parts. Got a set of Hooker Headers and flomaster 40 series exhaust. Changed the water pump to high flow aluminum, Added New pulleys, and replaces the fuel injectors with 30lbers. Also built my own Cold air tube. Also I added 4.10 gears with a 9" rear end. And Finally got a set of Dart heads, with roller rockers. Anything else someone wanna suggest? I want to keep it as plain as I can graemlins/eek2.gif

Originally posted by Bgbdbn:

Get the heads ported and polished for maximum flow ,most of your power is in you heads, get the rotating assembly balanced, put higher compression pistons in it, get a cam that will compliment all of the above.

Yeah. And spray :cool:

-Marc

Are you running the stock PCM, the LT1 PCM, or an aftermarket system like a DFI?

You're aware you can't just "throw" in 30# injectors and they'll work efficiently. You have to change some maps in the PCM so they don't run the engine rich when moving from smaller injectors (which in this case will be either 22# from a 93 or 24# from a 94-97).

Cheap mods, weight stuff mostly,

1. pull the plastic nose piece off and see what your bumper looks like. The big Channel steel thing I had on the 80 Camaro weighted loke 75 lbs, if you have that shitcan it and build a light weight frame to replace it. But realize if you hit something your car is fucked.

2. I assume that you want it to LOOK stock. Pull the interior and rip out the insulation/ sound deadener from the interior then put the carpet back, or replace with cheap lightweight carpet.

3. Seats, factory seats are HEAVY. Shit can em, get Aluminium or plastic racing seats, then cover them to look stock.

4. Rip out ALL the air handling (A/C and heater) stuff, it's heavy, and it's worthless in a street racing car, you aint gonna need it when your running the car anyhow.

5. Box in your rear swing arms if you are still using the factory suspension. It's as simple as welding a plate that is the samer thickness as the metal the arms are made of across the open part of the arm.

6. While you are doing toe arms put in HARD plastic bushings. The factroy rubber ones are to soft for performance use, they are about ride comfort, you are about performance, the two rarely mix.

7. Air dam in the front. You want the air going around the sides of your car not underneath it, a small air dam will help with this if you don't have one already.

8. Switch to drag springs and shocks, if you are running it as a straight line car. These kill driveability of the car around corners, but make the car launch better, and get adjustable drag shocks.

9. Move the battery into the trunk or hatch, behind the right rear wheel so the weight bias is over that tire. And run a BIG battery. Don't look overly stock, but easy to explain about the stereo you had in the car. If your intentions are racing, telling a wouldbe opponet that you had a big stereo, it makes you look more like a poser and an easy mark.

Sometimes it's all about presentation

Blower while = alternator bearing going bad

Cam lope = vacuum leak

gear drive while = bad powersteering pump

loud exhaust = glass packs, nothingis more poser than glass packs, they suck, they have ALOT of back pressure and they are not about performance, they are just cheap ass mufflers, serious racers know this.

10. Crappy chain hood lock, that you "forgot the key too". Guys that know something about cars and racing will recognize that your injectors are the wrong color, and the posers will see your cold air intake and think it's worth 400 extra ponies.

If you can't open the hood, they can't see either. And remember that the FIRST piece of braided hose any of them see means you have spray so either run factory, silicone, or jacketed braided lines. No one will know the difference.