Anybody do alarm installs???

RedLudeSH

I can do it, but I am expensive. Reason is this, I do not and WILL NOT use the little blue wire tap bullshit things to install it. Everything gets cut to length, stripped, soldered and the heat shrinked.

Anyone that wants to argue that the little blue bastard things are ok, you are more than welcome to come out and take a look at the box of them I have CUT OUT of peoples wiring harnesses and PROPERLY repaired their wiring as mentioned above.

And EVERY on of them had lost connection.

As a side note, I also do trailers, the same way. And any of you that have trailers know that you have to replace the wiring every two years of so because of the little blue bastards. I have several trailers running around that I wired 5 and 10 yrs ago that all the lights work perfectly on. In fact the only ones I have ever seen back got something caught in the wiring harness and tore it out.

I soldered a nitrous kit in my firebird and found out later that crimp connections are actually better because the vibrations road cars experience can cause the brittle soldered wires to fail... I agree tho - those blue/crimp box splice things are sh!$%.

IMO, The best connection you can do is to split the stranded wires and then interlock the two Y's together and twist back the ends and then zip tie...

Cover with elec. tape or pref- liquid insulation/heat shrink..