Mobile Detailing with Zaino Products - '04 season thread

AudiOn19s

Well guys the 2004 detailing season is officially here. This board was soo good to me last year that there will be no price changes for Columbus Racing board members. Feel free to contact me with any questions. 614-747-0002

Prices are as follows:

$75 detail: wash/vacuume/ZFX-Z2(polish)/ Z-6(gloss ehnahcer)

$100 detail: wash/vacuume/ZFX-Z5(swirl remover)/ZFX-Z2(polish)/Z-6(gloss ehnahcer)

$125 detail: wash/vacuume/Z-18(clay bar)/Z-7(wash again)/ZFX-Z5(swirl remover)/ZFX-Z2(polish)/Z-6 (gloss enhancer)

*Added services for '04

-Engine Detailing - $20 (price may vary if there are items that need polishing under the hood)

-Shampoo carpets - $25 for cars, $40 for Van's & SUV's

-Leather treatment (2 stage process) $25 for cars, $40 for Van's & SUV's.

NO MACHINES will touch the finish of your car this is all applied by hand. Typical timeframe for the $125 detail is 3.5-4 hours.

[ 23. July 2004, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: AudiOn19s ]

• 4 weeks later...
Your post caught my eye. I'm new to CR & have a new toy. I've been checking out several "detail shops" but haven't decided who to go with? I bought an 02 Corvette Z06. It's electron blue in exceptional shape / the problem? It's got swirl marks all over the place (& a couple scratches). I've waited 36 years to finally pull the trigger & just buy a vette, so I'm frankly apprehensive about who to go with? Can the stupid swirls be removed for good, & can car look like she just stepped out of factory in Bowling Green?

Kohones: sent you an e-mail, thank you for your interest

civicboy375: At this point I'm still throwing around the idea of further help for the summer. My brother is about to graduate from college and has no job at this point hence he has first dibbs BUT I'll know for sure in a couple of weeks if he's going to be available to help or not, I'll definetly keep you in mind though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Rogue,

This weekend I have appointments both afternoons BUT my mornings are open if that works for you. Only downside is that it's supposed to be pretty wet this weekend so if the car's going to be in a garage all weekend it will be fine otherwise early next week is probably best. During the week I detail in the afternoon/early evening generally starting at 3:30. Both Monday and Tuesday are open at this point. Please feel free to call me 747-0002 when you're ready to set an appointment.

Andy

Do you ever do the engine bay?

Also, I know this thread is titled, in part, "mobile detailing," but I'm wondering that, since I live at an apartment complex, can you still come here and wash the car, or would I need to bring it to you?

Also, how much time in advance do you need to make an appointment?

I charge an extra $20 to do the engine bay...BUT if there are lots of polished parts down there that need polishing it will be a bit more.

As long as you've got a water spicket and electrical outlet that I can have access to at your appartment I can come there to detail your car. for such instances where I cannot find suitable shade I bring a big pop-up canopy. If one of the above variables doesn't exist or it's just plain easier you're more than welcome to drop the car off with me and I can do it in my garage.

As for scheduling...I'm usually don't book much in advance becuase it's too hard to predict the weather AND becuase I only do evenings in the week.

Feel free to give me a call for any further details.

Andy 614-747-0002

Guest CrazeyGT
hey I have several swirls all over my car, can u actually get that off with just a hand job? I know those only come off with a buffer but if u think u could get them off, i wouldnt mind trying hehe

You're correct about the fact that swirls cannot truely be removed without a machine and usually hours of polishing or compounding (depending on how bad the swirls are). Zaino's Z5 product is designed to be a filler to help eliminate the "APPEARANCE" of fine scratches and swirls in the finish. I add additional coats of the Z5 for $15 per coat and generally find that 3 coats of it really makes the appearance of the swirls disappear...BUT these will be uncovered in time. this is where the longevity of Zaino helps out as well.

I've had many customers that were very happy with the way that the Zaino has helped diminish the appearance of swirls without spending 100's of dollars to have a shop machine compound and polish their vehicles. I know it's difficult to portray this with pictures but if you e-mail me at zainoandy@excite.com I'll send you a couple of examples.

-andy