Bracket Racing

Guest wesxprs

Guest wesxprs

How many folks here consider themselves bracket racers? I am planning to get into some events this year and was hoping for any advice anyone can give me.

I do know how to bracket race as I finished first loser to King Pontiac at the Pontiac Nationals last year. Just looking for tips on entering some of these races.

Wes

Originally posted by wesxprs:

Damn, all you folks just street racers?

lol, not anymore. tongue.gif

Bracket racing is fun, but if you already know how, then each race is going to be different. The only real advice to give is to know your car, it's all about matching your numbers.

I have been known to be involved with bracket racing.

Consistancy is the rule of the race. You have to either be consistant, or know what the car is going to do. When you put up a predicted time, you have to run really close to it, period.

I like to keep logs to track things like air/track temp versus et.

Guest wesxprs

Thanks guys but I know my car, it is consistent as hell. I am just looking for pointers on what races to enter. Also, how to get into these races and have decent shot at winning in my class.

Thanks.

Wes

• 3 months later...
Originally posted by Matt Sterbator:

I remember a certain owner of a black Z28 that was all over that....

I used to care about bracket racing. NTR pissed me off for the last time last year. I am done with it for a while.

I am in the market for a '69 Chevelle. One that is already certified, has the good parts, beautiful paint job, and runs 10.0's. I would like to run Pro again, in the points program, at Kilkare.