New with the board, old with the sport

allstateclub

Just found out about the board today through Craig's list. Glad I found it. I've been on 2 wheels since 1969 and am mostly on a 2002 FZ1 these days. I teach the MSF course for Ohio. Good to see so much interest and so many varied topics on this forum.

Ride aware,

Bill

Welcome to the website man! We are glad to have a MSF instructor on here. We always preach safety. We have a few people who are trying to jump into a MSF course but, they are pretty much filled. Keep us posted if you know of any openings in the courses!!

Most of the Ohio MSF Classes are filled online. I teach mostly for Polaris Career Center in the Cleveland area. We start registration in Jan. online and the classes for the year are filled in very short order. HOWEVER, while most classes are filled "on paper" often times people who have signed up never seem to make it to class. Or, sometimes they show up without having their temps, or maybe an expired temp, etc. So, what we do at Polaris is this; those "walk-ins" who arrive between 5:00 and 5:30 are given a numbered ticket. If there are any no shows for the class, we pick a number. Whoever is holding that ticket gets into class. Often times there are several openings.

Most of the teaching sites do the same thing. So, if you want a class and are available the first night of class, go early and get a ticket. You might get lucky. But, check first and make sure that your site does it the same way.