• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by drunkendubber:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 383 Iroc:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by kshymkiw83:

Undercovers can pull you over but can't issue a citation

exactly, just like a cop on a blue bike can pull you over but cant give you a ticket, the highway partol uses gold intrepids for the unmarked cars, we had one in my bodyshop that got slammed in the ass, wouldnt you hate to be that person</font>A bike cop can give you a rolling violatoin such as failure to stop, illegal turn and so on. When i was at work some guy rolled a redlight for his right turn. 5 min later after he got out and was eating his lunch this biker lady rolled up asked who the owner of the truck was and wrote ticket lol.</font>maybe i should clearify

a cop on a BLUE bike can not give you a ticket...

and other bike (white, black) sure they can give you a ticket

Originally posted by Bill Dozzer:

Believe what you like I asked a good friend of my brothers who is a captian on the highway patrol and he said they can pull a weapon on suspected felony stops. If you don't think so ask one.

an officer can pull a gun in the middle of kroger if he wanted

Originally posted by FoundOnRoadDriving:

Actually, they don't need probably cause to search a car. If they pull you over, they can do it. I forget what the law or whatever is called, but in my senior year of HS the P-town police chief cam in and talked to us about ilegal search and seizures and rights and all that mumbo jumbo. If it is within arms reach,where you could stash something quick, they can search it. I am also familiar with pleading the 5th, but what are the 4th and 6th amendments?

IF you get pulled over for a moving violation thay can not search your car with out your permision

wouldn't you get in some shit if you were cought taking pictures of an unmarked car? i mean you could say you were taking a picture of the car because its a cool car, but im sure the cops wouldnt buy that.

§ 4549.13 Motor vehicles used by traffic officers.

Text of Statute

Any motor vehicle used by a member of the state highway patrol or by any other peace officer, while said officer is on duty for the exclusive or main purpose of enforcing the motor vehicle or traffic laws of this state, provided the offense is punishable as a misdemeanor, shall be marked in some distinctive manner or color and shall be equipped with, but need not necessarily have in operation at all times, at least one flashing, oscillating, or rotating colored light mounted outside on top of the vehicle. The superintendent of the state highway patrol shall specify what constitutes such a distinctive marking or color for the state highway patrol.

HISTORY: GC § 12616; 118 v 271; Bureau of Code Revision, 10-1-53; 133 v H 625 (Eff 11-21-69); 138 v S 141. Eff 10-25-79.

As for the search issue, an officer may search your person and any area under your immediate control (ie, within your reach). This falls under a Terry Search.

If your car is impounded they can search the entire vehicle.

Originally posted by FoundOnRoadDriving:

Actually, they don't need probably cause to search a car. If they pull you over, they can do it. I forget what the law or whatever is called, but in my senior year of HS the P-town police chief cam in and talked to us about ilegal search and seizures and rights and all that mumbo jumbo. If it is within arms reach,where you could stash something quick, they can search it. I am also familiar with pleading the 5th, but what are the 4th and 6th amendments?

Probably cause was changed for cars and the like. The law used to be that they had to have a warrant to search anything, or probable cause (such as seeing anything illegal). But a car for instance is easily moveable, do you see the problem. They only suspect something wrong but can't do anything about it without waiting for a warrant, at which time the car is in the next state (or country). So they changed the law for cars so they don't need probable cause. In theory it sounds like a good idea, and it really is, if used correctly. But like anything that gives a cop more freedom and power to serve and protect use better, it can be abused to harras and annoy us. Cops are just human, and there are good cops, bad cops and horrible cops. I'd be pist if i had to deal with a bad cop, but I guess in retrospect, at least I haven't had to deal with any horrible cops (aka dirty cops) in my life yet.

Originally posted by ScandalousBuick:

wouldn't you get in some shit if you were cought taking pictures of an unmarked car? i mean you could say you were taking a picture of the car because its a cool car, but im sure the cops wouldnt buy that.

they could probably bitch or harass you but this is america you can do anything you want within reason. I see unmarks all the time I'l try to pick up a cheap digital camera and take some pictures

Originally posted by The Strawberry Shortcake:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by FoundOnRoadDriving:

Probably cause was changed for cars and the like. The law used to be that they had to have a warrant to search anything, or probable cause (such as seeing anything illegal). But a car for instance is easily moveable, do you see the problem. They only suspect something wrong but can't do anything about it without waiting for a warrant, at which time the car is in the next state (or country). So they changed the law for cars so they don't need probable cause. In theory it sounds like a good idea, and it really is, if used correctly. But like anything that gives a cop more freedom and power to serve and protect use better, it can be abused to harras and annoy us. Cops are just human, and there are good cops, bad cops and horrible cops. I'd be pist if i had to deal with a bad cop, but I guess in retrospect, at least I haven't had to deal with any horrible cops (aka dirty cops) in my life yet.</font>My best friends dad is a commander for the Columbus City Police. He said that you csn refuse a search on your car at anytime for any reason. sometimes the cop will let you go, but you can bet your booty that if you tell him no, he is going to find some type of equipment violation and have your car impounded. the cop who pulled me over wanted to impound my car`for an illegal exhaust and no front plate :rolleyes:

yeah, with the gun thing, i went through all that on thurs. dec. 21 or whatever.a bunch of kids wanted to fite me and my friends. we were at a big walnut middle school bball game, so my friend could see his gf and the other guys could get notes sayin that the girls could go to the dance on sat. well there are some mad wiggas at that school and they've been wantin to fite us for a while. my friends went outside to cool off and the teacher wouldn't let them back in. so we all went out to my car and i drove around and parked out front. we were gonna wait for the game to end so we could talk to the girls. well the guidance counselor came outside and told me it would be in my best interest to leave. i left, went to Wendy's, came back about an hr later. but i didn't go on school property i just drove past. well a sunbury piggie pulled me over. then he came to me window wit his gun pulled and ordered all of us to put our hands up. he said that he had reason to believe that we had guns in the trunk. well he got all of us out after back up arrived. he searched my car and then frisked all of us. i believe he had probable cause since he was told we had weapons. the guys who were talkin shit made up some lame ass stories and shit and me and my buds all got arrested and shit. we didn't have anything illegal on us. but the cop was still tryin to charge us with unruly child for comin back to the school. but we didnt' even do that. oh and the kids who wanted to fite us were found with a bookbag full of knives in the school. and i believe the main kid is in juvy rite now. or he was. but this has fucked up christmas royally. my parents almost took my car. and i'm about ready to beat the shit outta that kid.

Originally posted by drew3279:

yeah, with the gun thing, i went through all that on thurs. dec. 21 or whatever.a bunch of kids wanted to fite me and my friends. we were at a big walnut middle school bball game, so my friend could see his gf and the other guys could get notes sayin that the girls could go to the dance on sat. well there are some mad wiggas at that school and they've been wantin to fite us for a while. my friends went outside to cool off and the teacher wouldn't let them back in. so we all went out to my car and i drove around and parked out front. we were gonna wait for the game to end so we could talk to the girls. well the guidance counselor came outside and told me it would be in my best interest to leave. i left, went to Wendy's, came back about an hr later. but i didn't go on school property i just drove past. well a sunbury piggie pulled me over. then he came to me window wit his gun pulled and ordered all of us to put our hands up. he said that he had reason to believe that we had guns in the trunk. well he got all of us out after back up arrived. he searched my car and then frisked all of us. i believe he had probable cause since he was told we had weapons. the guys who were talkin shit made up some lame ass stories and shit and me and my buds all got arrested and shit. we didn't have anything illegal on us. but the cop was still tryin to charge us with unruly child for comin back to the school. but we didnt' even do that. oh and the kids who wanted to fite us were found with a bookbag full of knives in the school. and i believe the main kid is in juvy rite now. or he was. but this has fucked up christmas royally. my parents almost took my car. and i'm about ready to beat the shit outta that kid.

first off, sory to bring personal vandettas to the board but.....

1. you are a moron, going to a middle school basketball game to pick a fight.

2. Kids in sunbury are a little more rough than you think, some are just posers, but others are pretty rough, you don't wanna come into sunbury trying to start things. pm me with the people's names of who it is, and I will tell you if you even have a chance against them. Some guys in sunbury you dont wanna even mess with. I remember playing paintball with my friend tyler one day, and a few days later finding out he stabbed a guy to death the next night. lemme know the names and i'll let you know what you are getting into

3. its FIGHT

1st of all STFU anybody from sunbury galena centerburg who is trying to be hard core is that. TRYING nobodys the king shit in that town the only reason they are hard is because they refuse to leave. 2nd of all all the sunbury/delaware/genoa cops are fuckheads with the exception of a limited few. Genoa does have unmarked cars but they are white crown vics. just as easy to spot as a regular cop car. Bottom line don't fuck around in the delaware are around 3 every precint around there fucking sucks and they'll get you regardless of if you did anything wrong or not. See the post about stolen50s window tint.

Leave your personal vendettas at home and don't go around talkin shit about how tough you hillbilly town is cause thats fucking retarded.

Kyle G.

Yeah, so this one time, I was reading a thread about unmarked cars, and all of a sudden some guy's panties got in a bunch about some thugs in his home town and threw a nice thread out of order. I hope in the future that thread returns to normal...cmon people, seriously...

Originally posted by No Longer N/A Cobra:

Yeah, so this one time, I was reading a thread about unmarked cars, and all of a sudden some guy's panties got in a bunch about some thugs in his home town and threw a nice thread out of order. I hope in the future that thread returns to normal...cmon people, seriously...

fite fite fite!!!

Yeah I remember when I lived in the rough town of Centerburg. :rolleyes: There was too many tough guys that would only talk shit and thats all. Having a gun in your car isn't shit out there. I grew up there. Quit acting like a hard ass and stick to the original post. Fucking kids and their "almost, wish I coulda fights". graemlins/gives.gif Thats one reason I moved to Columbus.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest floatinstang
so like I was driving my truck up near wapak ohio and got pulled over because the state trooper said I had a radar detector in my truck which is illegal to have in a commercial truck. So he searched the semi and then he searched along the part of the high way he pulled me over on because he thought I had threw it out the door then he searched me. He tor my truck to pices trying to find the detector that I didn't have. SO then I had to go sit in his car in the front seat while he did a backgound check and it came back clear.Then because I only drive in the state of Ohio they cannot give me a d.o.t. inspection he was like well the real reason I pulled you over was because I didn't see any inspection stickers on your semi and I was going to give you an inspection but since you are local and ohio only I can't give you one so he said have a nice day. So I called the post in Sidney Ohio and told them what just happened and they sent another officer out to my truck and called the officer that had pulled me over and ripped my truck apart to go back to my truck and they made the one who pulled me over put everything back in my truck where it belonged and I was laughing me ass off the whole time. When he was done the other officer said they were very sorry for what had happened. I said yeah I am sorry that you have shit heads pretending to be d.o.t. cops and trying to give a driver a hard time. WHen the one that pulled me over started to leave I called him a worhtless piece of shit straight to his face, and told him to have a good day!

Originally posted by Josh Miller:

The Gahanna bike cops give speeding tickets in the summer time. I always saw them on Morrison Rd with their radar trying to clock people... (and they were always hiding behind a street sign)

Yea I always saw them doing that shit. If they tried to pull me over I think I'd just keep going and if they got my plates jsut say I did not notice the police "bike".

Guest floatinstang

THEY ONLY MADE THE GTS IN 94 AND 95 BUT FORD PUT OUT THE TANGERINE ORANGE MUSTANG IN 1996 ONLY AND PUT THE GTS PACKAGE IN A LIMITED FEW OF THOSE. ONLY 860 SOMETHING TANGERINE ORANGE MUSTANGS WERE MADE IN 1996. ONLY 237 OF THEM CAME WITH THE GTS PACKAGE AND WERE THE FIRST ONES MADE IN TANGERINE ORANGE BECAUSE FORD STARTED PRODUCTION OF THEM IN NOVEMBER OF 1995. SO THIS IS HOW A FEW OF THEM ENDED UP BEING GTS'S!

BY THE WAY I LIKE YOUR HATCHBACK! I'M NOT REALLY A FAN OF THE 4.6L BUT BACK IN 1996 WHEN I GOT MY STANG I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT CARS NOW I KNOW A WHOLE LOT. 4.6L= BIG MONEY TO UPGADE FOR PERFORMANCE! :D

I can testify that the Reynoldsburg police have at least one older F-body they use as an unmarked car. I watched the driver talking into a shoulder radio during the Mopar Nats cruise, every time somebody did a burnout near him, he'd say something into his radio and the cops would fall out of the sky on them. It's an 87 or 88 Camaro, yellow with those multi-color stripes along the bottom.

Listen all you guys my Father and Grandfather have been with FCSO for 24+ years. If you really want to scare a cop carry a $1.50 voice recorder in your car at all times tell the cop when he puls you over that you are notifyn him that all of yor convo is going to be recorded. Also make sure you ask for a badge number and the on Duty Lt's name. If you feel like really sticking it to them take a video camera. Either way if there in the wrong they'll shit there pants.

If you ever need a harassment lawyer let me know I got a few good ones.

Also about searching they have to ask you to search your car. If you say no they have to get a search warrent. A guy I knew got pulled over by a sherrif for looking fast[actually it was b/c they had recieved a call on possible drug usage graemlins/gay.gif ](being riced out) and when they asked to search his car he told them all but the glove compartment. The deputy then told him that he would get a search warrant if needed so my friend said go ahead. After 2 hours they finnaly got a judge to sign a warrant (being 2 am) only to find out the only thing in the compartment was ... A map bwhahahahahahahah

So one pissed off cop later they got turned loose.