sweet! new car news!

Dweezel

I notice they made no mention of the price tag.

I'm honestly considering purchasing one of the Volts when they come out in 2010, but there are a lot of issues that GM has to overcome to viably produce the car. One of the issues I just read about, for instance, is that GM will never make the projected $30k price tag and are expected to take a loss on each car - to cover this loss, they are asking the government for tax relief on each vehicle, which is still 'up in the air'.

I guess we'll see what the cost of energy is in 2010 versus this vehicle and let the economics run its course.

The single biggest problem (I see) with any hybrid car are the batteries themselves. There hasn't been a significant breakthrough in the manufacturing of low cost, long life, light weight, and efficient batteries. All those batteries need to go somewhere in the car, which usually means sacrificing either trunk or interior space. They are getting creative and placing them in the frames and what not but I'm not sold on the technology just yet. Not to mention all this "go green" stuff is getting rather annoying.

The single biggest problem (I see) with any hybrid car are the batteries themselves. There hasn't been a significant breakthrough in the manufacturing of low cost, long life, light weight, and efficient batteries. All those batteries need to go somewhere in the car, which usually means sacrificing either trunk or interior space. They are getting creative and placing them in the frames and what not but I'm not sold on the technology just yet. Not to mention all this "go green" stuff is getting rather annoying.

I agree, green is sooooo expensive, and very annoying...I know nothing about the placement of batteries, really dont care, still think the car is dead sexy.

I like the looks of the car as well, although after scoping out the pic a little more those tires are S K I N N Y! Not your performance oriented rubber for sure. The car scream "Performance" but those tires throw that look off to me.

green is pointless, there is no actual proof of global warming. The "change" in global temps they say is happening isnt even beyond the margin of error. And with this years cold weather, we've eliminated that all together. Oh, Alaska got over a foot of snow last week, and the artic ice sheets are returning earlier in the year, and coming back faster than ever. I assure you "professor" Gore is in it for the money. Google him and see what he owns and how many trillions of dollars he stands to make if these carbon emissions laws pass. Oh, and read up on this as well, atmosphere carbon gas is related to temps not vise verse. The planet heats and cools, its a cycle, it happens. Notice the lack of glaciers? bottom line, if your in it to be "green" then your uninformed moron. Don't even get me started on how ungreen the Prius is, not to mention how rediculous they are at being fuel frugal.

green is pointless, there is no actual proof of global warming. The "change" in global temps they say is happening isnt even beyond the margin of error.

I know this wasn't the point of your thread, but care to cite your sources on that? Because I just read an article saying a lot of the 500+ scientists quoted saying that climate change doesn't exist, didn't even know they're names were being used to denounce global warming.

45 Scientists Dump Global Warming Deniers in 24 Hours

http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com/business/45-scientists-dump-global-warming-deniers-in-24-hours/1117

Don’t believe Inhofe’s hype

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/12/24/dont-believe-inhofes-hype/