Pinks all out

DarkDuc

If any of you guys (or gals) like watching pinks...the tv show, they are shooting a new tv show up at Norwalk Drag strip Friday(tomorrow) and Saturday. If the weather is decent on Sat. I may ride up to check some of it out. They've got the largest entry in the history of the show. More info at speedtv or the raceway website (I forget it's new name)

Pinks is the most horrible show. Drag racing is heads up, none of this giving links bullshit.

Oh yeah,The host is a tool too. Anyone see that video of him wrecking on that R1 at the track as soon as he took off. Then he felt the need to take his shirt off and strut across the track.:lol: There's so many videos on youtube that make fun of him.

Drag racing is heads up, none of this giving links bullshit.

what about bracket racing? :dunno:

and yeah lol at the host. when he wrecked he was like "dude ive been riding since i was 5"

and its funny too, when he tells the guy he is taking his bike down the guy is like "dont wreck it" or something

Real racing is heads up. You lose, you lose, you win, you win.

I have no idea what bracket racing is, but if it's different then it's not real racing in my opinion. I'm not alone on that either because I don't know anyone personally that likes that show and it's because of that. I tried when it first came out and the only one I liked was with the turbo busa's.

The crowd will be ridiculous, and I'm sure all the regular weekend guys are a little disappointed they can't run for points this weekend. A 500+ car count will be also be pretty nuts (I've run Wednesday nights with 500-600 car counts and we don't finish until 2-3AM), but if you go, you should be treated to a good show with many of the cars in the low-mid 9s and 10s + exhibition vehicles (wheelstanders / jet cars / Bobby Lagana is bringing his top fueler - if you've never seen one of those, it's worth the price of admission alone).

If you can bear the cost of a ticket, the much better show will be Friday 6/27, Saturday 6/28, and Sunday 6/29 when they're running the National Event with the pros of the NHRA. Of the three days, Saturday will be the best day if you can only go one day - but go the ENTIRE day so you can see the different sportsman classes.

I'm planning on being at the national event, just to spectate, on Saturday and possibly Sunday (if my dad and brother are still winning rounds). If anyone is planning on making that trip...shoot me a PM with your contact info if you want.

Real racing is heads up. You lose, you lose, you win, you win.

I have no idea what bracket racing is, but if it's different then it's not real racing in my opinion. I'm not alone on that either because I don't know anyone personally that likes that show and it's because of that. I tried when it first came out and the only one I liked was with the turbo busa's.

its just handicapped drag racing. not like wheelchairs lol

basically, before the race, you predict what your ET is going to be. if you go faster, you lose. if neither of you go over, whoever was closer wins.

they also stagger the starts, so if you are in a 10 second car, and im in a 15 second car, i leave 5 seconds before you do. in theory both cars should cross the line at exactly the same time.

That basically sums it up. Bracket racing is the the only racing I do. I'm not a class racer, and "heads up" racing takes WAY WAY WAY too much money.

For pure grassroots fun, I can't beat bracket racing because it allows me to run my busa up against slower 600 bikes, mid-9 cars, even some of the snowmobiles and quads that show up. It's all about reaction time and driving the top end.

Sure, bring the malibu on!

I've raced, and won (or was the runner-up), in everything from a 1987 Buick Park Avenue, 1998 Pontiac Sunfire, to my 1987 Hurricane.

My brother even won on a 200cc Honda that ran 22.05 @ 38mph in the 1/4. He just brought it up to run for shits and giggles, but actually went rounds with it. Ran a guy on a 9.30 bike to get to the final... my brother, all 280lbs of him on this 200cc scooter was past the 1000' cone before the other guy even took off. My bro had the light in his favor and was on the brakes at the stripe as the guy passed him doing 166mph to my brothers trap speed of 22mph. In the final, was another low 9 bike, but to dick with my brother, the dude dialed a 15.00 and was just going to ride beside my brother until they got to the finish then take the stripe by a few inches...my brother got the light again (he always went in deep) ended up going down to the finish line, dumped the guy and the 9s bike broke out. It was a pretty hilariously memorable night.

I just got the busa in Sept of last year, so I only had it out once. I got to the third round and got treed by a turbo Zx-12 that chased me down and caught me a few feet before the finish. I think the MOV was around 0.04, which cut it pretty close. Honestly, I was just happy to not go home 1st round since it was my first night figuring out how to launch the thing.

But hey, Pinks! has it's place... it's just not for me. We'll all expect a full report though if anyone does go out there. And come out on the 28th!

Pinks is the most horrible show. Drag racing is heads up, none of this giving links bullshit.

Oh yeah,The host is a tool too. Anyone see that video of him wrecking on that R1 at the track as soon as he took off. Then he felt the need to take his shirt off and strut across the track.:lol: There's so many videos on youtube that make fun of him.

GSXR1000 at least im pretty sure of it..