Asshat ran a red light and totaled my car.NEW PICS..

SpaceGhost

Well i was going down Mt Vernon Ave today going to chipotle to get some grub and some asshat in a red hundai turns left from natiowide and runs through the second light which was red and I had green. I swerved to the right to not t-bone him and struck his right front fender. If i hadn't I would have hit the passenger in the red car. My friend and I walked away from the accident with no brusies or scratches. The whole engine bay and front of the car is piushed right 4 to five inches. I hope they total it. I don't want to drive a beat ass car.

Question when you guys go to get parts out of a car do you do that before the adjuster gets there? I want to get my prodrive muffler off and my guages. Please give me sonme advise fast.

I will post camera pics later.

[ 26. August 2004, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: WRallyBlue02 ]

Being an 02, and obviously in good condition, the car will probably repair. I would just sit tight until the ins. estimate comes back. If you start pulling stuff out of the car immediately, you may affect the assessed value of the vehicle. If the insurance company totals it, then you should arrange a time with the shop or yard that the vehicle is at to remove your belongings. If you take stuff off though, make sure you put your stock stuff back so the insurance company doesn't come back and say that you owe them money for those items because the vehicle was valued with those items installed.

What insurance company is it going through, and where did you have it towed?

No problem. Raise hell with Nationwide about a/m parts. Since you are not the insured on the claim, you can demand OE parts, and I believe that the insurance company has to give them to you. You will probably have to argue a little bit though. Has Rife's put together a preiminary estimate yet?

Guest stvbreal
Nationwide will pay out. At least they did years back when my 930 turbo had it's front end destroyed. A little over $16k to repair. But forget about them totaling it. Car never handled right after that. Traded it for an NSX.

I was rear-ended in my wife's Passat in 2000, and the entire car was buckled up to the rear window.

As long as the wheelbase isn't affected too much, they will probably fix it. With the used vehicle market so glut with cars, you're going to see less and less people getting their rides totaled after a bad crunch.

How many air bags went off? That's what I've read more recently is that cars are totaled easier these days when air bags are set off and if a car has 80 air bags in it... :rolleyes: they start to add up pretty quickly.

As far as what you can take, you could either replace with stock units what you want off the car before the adjuster looks at it, or you could leave it there, and then show them reciepts for these items after they look at your car. You will have to wait untill after they look at it, of course, before you'll know if it's totaled or not, and they normally haven't any problem if you would like to request to remove particular items/belongings after it's been assesed. They'll just re-evaluate it afterwards a second time. This has been my expirience when I smashed my truck almost three years ago and I have Allstate. Despite what I hear from everyone, they were quite willing to work with me and I've heard everyone else is much better than my insurance company ;)

Sorry about the loss, man. Hope it works out for ya.

Guest domestic_disturbance
sorry to hear about your car--the WRX is prolly my favorite car and the car that i will buy when my Cougar gives out---really sorry to hear about it

*If* they do total it. Buy it back and part it out.

Now, If I am correct, but something tells me that Im not, you can hassle with their insurance company telling them that the car will never be the same and you are taking a loss on something that is NOT your fault (ie: a car that will never drive correctly again). You can get them to total it. Again, this is just something I've heard whether it is true or not is another story. But, it is my opinion that if your car was in perfect working order and not wrecked before you should fight it.

Nationwide: 'Mr. WRB02....we're not going to be totally you're car that is completly fucked. So sorry.'

Mr. WRB02: 'What was that? I think I felt a pain in my lowerback and neck as you said that. Can you please repeat that?'

Nationwide: 'I said, we're going to be totalling your car.'

That is all.

Lol. May work. Really sucks bout your car mang. The frames bent, it's never gonna be the same again. Glad to hear your alright.

Actually, on 70 East there was some car flipped over on the concrete median. Cops and medics were working on getting someone inside the car out i believe, passenger side. The driver (im assuming) was sitting down being questioned looking really freaked.

Anyways, hope it goes good for ya.

Pics from my a610 samsung phone:

http://www.columbusdiscgolf.com/IMAGES/Image018.jpg

http://www.columbusdiscgolf.com/IMAGES/Image019.jpg

http://www.columbusdiscgolf.com/IMAGES/Image020.jpg

http://www.columbusdiscgolf.com/IMAGES/Image021.jpg