A Ricer's Dream

civicboy375

Guest powers
the rice part is the car they start with. If your going to spend god knows how much on making it a show car why not just start with a nicer car. Like an escalade, jag xjr, alomost and new benz. An accord show car is what is the race factor in this one.

Originally posted by Kuruma:

People throw around the "R" word too freely to describe anything that doesn't suit their tastes... Nothing wrong with having a show car. Just playing to a different audience then a race car would be.

- Riceboy spoiler (though pretty mild compared to most...borderline acceptable)

- Altezza's

- Clear insert thing on the back

- Chainlink fence inside a slightly ricey front bumper cover

Overall, it isn't too bad. Nothing I'd be caught owning....EVER, but I see far FAR FAR worse on a daily basis.

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

- Riceboy spoiler (though pretty mild compared to most...borderline acceptable)

- Altezza's

- Clear insert thing on the back

- Chainlink fence inside a slightly ricey front bumper cover

Overall, it isn't too bad. Nothing I'd be caught owning....EVER, but I see far FAR FAR worse on a daily basis.

Eh, different people, different tastes. If it makes the owner happy, then good for them. The Corolla SR5 I bought today is a 100% ricey stuff prohibited zone though. I want it to look stock. My only plans for it would be to fix up the body's flaws, and then convert it to GT-S spec... but while saving up the money to do that (and yes, I know it is more sensible to just buy an actual GT-S, but I also bought this one because I'd rather learn to drive a stick on a slower, simpler car, and I'm already pretty attached to it), I think I may at least replace the radiator fan with an electric one. No reason why it shouldn't at least recieve a few upgrades beforehand to make it a little less slow.

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

I doubt that there are many people on this board that would ever own a show car as well. I believe that this car isn't rice, simply because it isn't a car at all. Show cars are nothing more than very expensive and complicated pieces of art. They have no REAL purpose other than just to look at. They are not meant to touch asphalt, EVER, and in some cases can actually increase in value rather than depriciate (sp?) like normal vehicles.

Eh, different people, different tastes. If it makes the owner happy, then good for them. The Corolla SR5 I bought today is a 100% ricey stuff prohibited zone though. I want it to look stock. My only plans for it would be to fix up the body's flaws, and then convert it to GT-S spec... but while saving up the money to do that (and yes, I know it is more sensible to just buy an actual GT-S, but I also bought this one because I'd rather learn to drive a stick on a slower, simpler car, and I'm already pretty attached to it), I think I may at least replace the radiator fan with an electric one. No reason why it shouldn't at least recieve a few upgrades beforehand to make it a little less slow.

A stock, 20 year old, GT-S is NOT fast.

Eh, different people, different tastes. If it makes the owner happy, then good for them.

How does that not make it rice. Of course rice boys like their rice.....doesn't make it right/tasteful/not ricey.

If I somehow came into some money and spent most of it on a bad coke habit, and made the mistake of modding a wrong wheel drive vehicle, I would make DAMN sure my car was as anit-rice as they come. I would be VERY careful how my car looked in every aspect, and make sure the shitty sound comming from the motor would be as quiet as it would get. The exterior mods would be conservative and the car might get noticed, but in a good way. Luckily, I have no plans on pickng up a coke habbit.