new car

Guest silverbullet

Guest silverbullet
i bought another car at the auction on saturday, 2000 olds alero,white, with 80k on the clock, the only problem wiht it ive found is it needs new brakes, picked it up for 3k...sound like a good deal to you guys? i dont no much about these cars? i saw there goin in the paper for around 8k so im thinkn i made out pretty well

take it to the dealer and have the turn signal switch replaced ther under recall. my ladys car is the same and the signals go wild. i havent had the time to take and get fixed. but there good driving cars hers has 70k and no real problems so far. just brakes and regular maintenance

Guest silverbullet
it was actually at the volunteers of america car auctions, thanks for the recall info, but im not sure if im gonna sell it or not b/c apparently they get really good gas mileage and its kinda sporty..making it a bit of an uprgrade from the grand prix

Keep an eye on your coolant in the overflow bottle. Alot of GM V6's have intake gasket problems. 3.1, 3.4, 3.8 It should be a factory recall but GM would go almost bankrupt if they did. We do about 2-3 every week. Something to think about if you keep it.

2-3 a week when we had jd byrider account we did 2-3 a day i got real good at those intake gaskets. you are very right about gm going belly up if they did a recall. they have updated those gaskets 3or4 times and its still not right.i like our 2.4 though moves that car around very well for a 4. i seen one last sun at the track running 15 something. but all and all not a bad car and you did real well on your purchase graemlins/thumb.gif