Winter Projects?

Guest Rane

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah. I've been so damn busy lately I haven't had time. It looks like after next weekend I'll be stuck in columbus for awhile so we can get everything out at least.

Anyone else for hangin out and helping?

Evan

Redo boat, carpet, motor, seats, decals, etc.

Vette- new gauge panel, hopefully paint, headers, port intake runners, new tires (only on the back, they just wear faster there for some odd reason?), possibly get seats re-covered.

Lot of house shit, including 2 acrylic stripper poles in basement on acrylic stage (party afterward).

Hopefully find new fuck around driver car.

Ranger- I have all the shit, just install it (wait, said that a month ago) timing belt, oil change, gauge cluster, seat covers, touch up paint.

Republicant, im up for free beer, then helping you fubar that bike up, let me know when!

Trying to drive that Civic in the snow would scare the living shit outta me... Show me how it handles in those conditions sometime. smile.gif

As for my projects... Well, first, get the Neon and 86 repaired. After that, try to obtain a 4A-GZE for the AE86, along with all needed parts for install. have 4A-GZE swapped in, swap rear end for GT-S rear end, upgrade suspension. Not so much a winter project, but I have a summer target date as far as when it needs to be ready by.

Guest BIG BIRD
Originally posted by Jelloman457:

turbo omni!!!

graemlins/gay.giftongue.gif

Ben the silverado still looks good...

I might do a complete engine/tranny rebiuld and biuld the rearend...

Guest mudbutt

My winter project just started

90 lx 5.0

Teardown began today and my car is the jig pig for our turbo kit redesign, so obviously that is part of it (and I get payed for it at that smile.gif ) Next will come prettymuch everything else. Im going to try to find a decent set of used heads and an intake. Ordering coilovers, k member,struts, bumpsteer and a arms after I pay off all of my x-mas and new years vacation debts. Might start on some body and interior but I really dobut it, as I would like to drive it this spring......Not looking forward to paying for a transmission.

Well I will be continueing my weekend project, rebuilding and upgrading the turbo on a 2.4L Turbo out of a Stratus for the 97 Neon. The Neon's engine is gone and waiting on the 2.4L to drop in. Will be upgadeing the suspension and installing rear disc breaks in the rear. I would like to have the engine in and running by early spring and then off to the exhaust shop to make the exhaust. Hoping to have test and tuned for Mopar Nationals.

Guest tbirdchick
just started on mine, going to put my 3" turbo back exaust on, clutch masters clutch, new timing belt kit, replace the worn out suspension parts, probably put full piping in it, injectors, fuel pump, afc, boost controller, then save up to get a front mount intercooler or redo the suspension completely. depending on how my commissions go through winter will depend on how much i can get.

Originally posted by 99BlownYellowGT:

A little of this a little of that.You know just the normal winter tune-up stuff. ;)

Oh yeah i forgot about the other car.Its getting a ported Big 16g turbo 190 fuel pump and some 550cc injectors.Im sure the lady wont mind takin some of you guys on in a race.

Originally posted by The FUZZ:

Might is the key word there ;)tongue.gif

Pulling old motor, putting new one in. Rebuilding old motor, swapping it back in. Time to go Omni hunting :cool:

-Marc

Winter progect:

Full-race traction bars

new intercooler piping

full 3" downpipe

GT35R (ported shroud)

LoveFab Equal length Manifold

44mm wastegate

And some tuning

And some Dyno time

500WHP here I come!!!

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_img_a/715764_18_full.jpg

Originally posted by The FUZZ:

Ben the silverado still looks good...

Thanks! After the trans swap, I am going to get long tube headers and redo the exhaust, then look into getting a rollpan and bed cover.