RX7 questions

Drunkendubber

uh 9k for a 35k FD is a god damn good price. Make sure theres a compression test ran as well as making sure everything else checks out structually. Im doing the whole FD thing now myself and it's going to cost me about 9k to get the car, get the engine, put the engine in the car, put on a power fc, and various other things and that's saving me some cash. So make sure you check to see that everythings on the up and up and the car isn't an auto or something silly.

T.c.

hmm..something sounds fishy..maybe the new motor has 35k miles on it..anyone who sells an original 35k mile car for $9k is either stupid or they aren't telling you everything.

regardless, even if it is not the original motor and the car is clean, that is still a good price. most people look for cars with blown motors for that price to build them up...i'd say snatch it up if it's clean and mod it from there...drop a new ported motor and single turbo in it..etc, etc.

Guest GSRchick714

If that car is as perfect as that guy makes it out to be then its worth way more than $9,000 but I bet its a new motor and there could be something wrong w/ it too.

I'm hoping he has another car since this is not a daily driver.. haha ;)

Originally posted by 1Quik7:

hmm..something sounds fishy..maybe the new motor has 35k miles on it..anyone who sells an original 35k mile car for $9k is either stupid or they aren't telling you everything.

yeah, what Steve said. Of course, you always hear stories of somebody buying a perfectly great FD from some stupid redneck who doesn't know what they've got, but usually for that price, something is wrong with the car. The actual KBB for that car is around $11K, so he may be basing the pricing on that, but my advice would to be extra cautious. For reference, I bought my RX-7 3 years ago, and it has the cleanest body and interior I've seen on a car with 90K miles and I paid $15K.