jeep racing

Guest mellott

Guest FBody Addict
Originally posted by Tractor:

Honda, Acura, Toyota, Hundai and racing can't be used in the same sentence.

Fixed

Just a thought, I've never seen a riced out Kia or Suzuki, I guess even the ricers here are too smart to drive them

Anyway, that was graemlins/offtopic.gif

But racing Jeeps? Thats graemlins/gay.gif as the kid i work with trying to make a CRV go fast

Originally posted by Everyone Including Jesus Hates Me:

...Honda...Toyota...and racing can't be used in the same sentence.

Why don't you go beyond the last 6 years for Toyota, they had some fast cars? I'd sit here and try to explain things to you but your an idiot so there's no point. There's also a 4 banger that's about 20 years old that they are still using in real racing that's a Toyota engine. Get a fucking clue.

Ok, I can't help myself. Go and type into a search engine.

BAR/Honda and F1 racing

Toyota Atlantic

Supra

Have a nice day ass hat.

[ 13. September 2004, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: Neo ]

Guest FBody Addict

never seen a naturally aspirated 4 banger put out 700hp like you can with a chevy smallblock

worlds fastest piston engine (check guiness) is a chevy smallblock, you know, the outdated pushrod engine which, omg is an american v-8 i believe the record is ~350 mph

never seen a naturally aspirated 4 banger put out 700hp like you can with a chevy smallblock

worlds fastest piston engine (check guiness) is a chevy smallblock, you know, the outdated pushrod engine which, omg is an american v-8 i believe the record is ~350 mph

You’re an idiot. Let’s go over the short list of events that lead up to this.

1) You say don't mention Honda or Toyota and racing in the same sentence.

2) I offer irrefutable evidence of Honda and Toyota racing real cars in real series currently (with a history I might add).

3) You say something about an SBC making some kinds of records yet I never said anything about not saying Chevy and racing in the same sentence.

Problems with your arguing structure.

A) You didn't offer any counter point to my argument that was debasing your original point.

B) You tried to counter with an irrelevant point to the conversation.

You obviously don't know your ass from a hole in the ground so I don't know why I think you would be able to form a coherent argument, but I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt. I'm sorry I did that.

Better check your specs bro. There is a N/A rotary pushing 600+ (and I think it's now in the 700 hp range). Without....you guessed it pushrods!

When it comes to the hp deal, your talking 4 more cylinders so it's common sense that 8 > 4 when it comes to NA. :eek:

Guest FBody Addict
Originally posted by Neo:

You’re an idiot.

nope just very opinionated and i actually think of it as treason to buy a car built by a company based outside of our good ol us of a and bad at debating and dont get after me about grammer and punctuation i'm not being graded on this

btw graduated with honors and am maintaining a 4.0 in college, im actually pretty fuckin brilliant with math

nope just very opinionated and i actually think of it as treason to buy a car built by a company based outside of our good ol us of a and bad at debating and dont get after me about grammer and punctuation i'm not being graded on this

btw graduated with honors and am maintaining a 4.0 in college, im actually pretty fuckin brilliant with math

so acura isnt made is the usa now? i know the suvs are made in ohio

i bet your a visual learner so go do this it will prob change your mind. head on over to your nearest best buy. in the special intrest section of the dvds is one by the name of "the legend of the type r". take that home and watch it. pay close attention to the first parts about the nsx-r. until you do what i just instructed you to do done down talk acura's racing history.

Toyota made some kick-ass rally cars in the 80s and 90s. They also had their own feeder series for CART. I think they have a Formula One team now, if I am not mistaken.

Honda made kick-ass engines in Formula One back in the 80s. I think they still do that, also. I think they were involved in CART for a while, IIRC.

I guess both are well-established when it comes to racing.

AFAIK, "Acura" is a USA-only thing; they are Hondas everywhere else.

I hope that I never have to drive or ride in a Hyundai, Kia, Daewoo, or Diahatsu.

Cheers,

Tony

The thing about publicly-owned companies is that the owners - shareholders, that is - can and do pretty much live anywhere in the world.

Additionally, I don't see what's so American about the Big Three these days, building cars in Canada and Mexico, sourcing cars from Japan and engines from China, and buying car companies in places like Sweden and England to use their chassis and engine design. Then they ship their old tooling for their previous-generation econoboxes down to Brazil and sell cars there. There isn't much American about Opel or Vauxhall or Holden, either. GM and Ford are world companies in a new sense, as USA-market cars, the parts they are made of, and the engineering behind them come from all over the world. As is DIAMLER-Chrysler, using leftover Mercedes parts.

While GM is shipping their American market car jobs out of the country, Honda, BMW, and others are building plants in the USA. Their dealerships and the people who work there are all in the USA.

The "buy American" rant doesn't work any more on the automotive stage. I hope your math is better than your worldview, your grammar and spelling, and your manners. You don't reflect highly of your college.

Oh yeah -- uh, Jeep .... racing. . . .yeah! How about the "Swamp Buggy Races" in Naples, Florida? Anyone ever seen/been to/heard of that? Some really strange looking things and some jeeps racing around an oval filled with muddy water! Fun! smile.gif

If I wanted an off-road vehicle, I'd probably buy a Wrangler and have some fun with it suspension-wise.

Cheers,

Tony

Wow this has got to be one of the dumbest things I have seen someone post in a long while.

Hey also did you know that the reason you can't see the stealth bomber on radar is becasue they wash and wax it everyday, and the radar bounces right off? If you don't beleve me you can ask anyone in the air force and they can tell you it's the truth.