local place to buy aviation gasoline

Dave1647545494

Originally posted by Burst Knock:

Do not use aviation fuel, it doesn't contain the same lubricatin agents regular automotive pump gas does.

Go google it before you blow that car up, and not because of boost graemlins/nonono.gif

not in ohio = no care, shuttup till you get back, you aren't scary from so far away graemlins/finger.gif

I used to run AV Gas all the time it works all right mixed with automotive gasoline.

and scott even if it does blow up it'll be back on the road again long before you ever get yours done.

now one more time scince I got hijacked where can I go to get it?

Originally posted by Burst Knock:

Do not use aviation fuel, it doesn't contain the same lubricatin agents regular automotive pump gas does.

Go google it before you blow that car up, and not because of boost graemlins/nonono.gif

wrong wrong wrong

the fuels are interchangable AVgas has a higher amount of aromatic solevents. if you runn it with a carb car up two jet sizes in my case 10 psi higher base fuel pressure will correct it.

there I did my research are you going to tell me where to get it at now?

100LL Avgas prices within 50 miles of KCMH

Airport / FBO 100LL

$2.55—$3.75

average $2.95

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KCMH Port Columbus International Airport Columbus, OH

Lane Aviation Air BP $3.75

03-Oct

update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KOSU

10 WNW Ohio State University Airport Columbus, OH

Ohio State University FBO $3.46

06-Oct

update

KLCK

11 S Rickenbacker International Airport Columbus, OH

Lane Aviation Air BP $3.63

12-Oct

update

KDLZ

20 NNW Delaware Municipal Airport Delaware, OH

City of Delaware (FBO) $2.64

04-Oct

update

KVTA

20 E Newark-Heath Airport Newark, OH

The Aviation Works $2.98

05-Oct

update

KMRT

25 WNW Union County Airport Marysville, OH

PrimeAERO Texaco $2.75

15-Oct

update

KUYF

27 W Madison County Airport London, OH

Madison County Airport $2.63

12-Oct

update

5E9

29 NNW Packer Airport Radnor, OH

Packer Aviation $2.89

22-Sep

update

I23

35 SW Fayette County Airport Washington Court House, OH

Fayette County (FBO) Phillips 66 $2.80

12-Oct

update

I74

40 WNW Grimes Field Airport Urbana, OH

Grimes Field $2.60

12-Oct

update

KSGH

45 WSW Springfield-Beckley Municipal Airport Springfield, OH

Sunbird Air Services $3.14

04-Oct

update

KGQQ

46 N Galion Municipal Airport Galion, OH

Graham Aviation SS $2.81

28-Sep

update

17G

47 N Port Bucyrus-Crawford County Airport Bucyrus, OH

DeTray Aviation $2.80

22-Sep

update

KEDJ

48 WNW Bellefontaine Regional Airport Bellefontaine, OH

Midwest Corporate Air Air BP $2.78

16-Oct

update

KEOP

50 S Pike County Airport Waverly, OH

Pike County Airport $2.55

11-Oct

update

Nice list. But most of them will not sell you AVGAS directly (don't even think about going to Port Columbus). Your best bet is one of the smaller airports. Also a number of people have told me that you need to write "For ultralight use only" on the side of the gas cans. If they find out that you are planning to use the gas in a car they most likely will not sell it to you. A number of guys that I race with use AVGAS and these are some of the suggestions that they have given me to get it.

Shad

I have a 4 stroke dirt bike that has been bored out(14:1), big cam,.... Anyways, it calls for at least 114oct in it. If I can run this stuff, its like having VP or Cam2, but oxygenated at half the price????

If anyones has any idea let me know. I have been looking around the internet and really cant find any hard facts about running this gas. Also what is "ultralight use only"? Sorry so many questions.

if you really need avgas i can ask my dad when hes going out to delaware next. but when do you need it buy? Or talk to someone that flies and you can get it. Not very hard to come by, like vee21 said just say its for your ultralight and goto any small uncontrolled airport.

I know a few guys that used to run it in their porsches.

I was going to try and take some up to norwalk with me.

you have to tell them its for an ultralight basically a small glider with a lawn mower engine bolted to it and a prop becuase A it has lead in it and B theres no road tax on it.

I may call that little airport out by trails and see if they have it if not I'll pick some up later. it always used to run good in my buick I was going to see how injection reacted to it.