LT1 exhuast suggestion

DrEvil3264

my buddies 93 camaro Z28 just got back from the shop, and he apperently has a hole in his exhaust. He was looking into getting an aftermarket, and would like something that eliminates the cat's. Whats a good exhaust setup for this car that has the best sound/performance at a reasonable price. Thanks for the replys guys.

For best bolt-on flow, a set of long tubes, Mufflex Y-pipe (or the Mufflex pipe sold by QTP w/ built-in cutouts), and a Mufflex 4" back exhaust setup would be the best.

Could do true duals as well, though it can be a PITA depending on what other mods you have. Mine is one of those PITA setups (SLP diamond subframe connectors + Spohn torque arm = not exhaust friendly). I just need to get my buddy over here to weld up my new setup.

There is a place that sells true dual kits as well (dumps before the axle).

Or can do a Hooker 3" pipe into a "pick your 3" catback" exhaust. I personally don't like the look of the Hooker and Magnaflow catbacks. I like the Corsa and Borla, but way too much money for a 3" catback.

stay away from SLP... they suck as far as LT1 and exhaust (I know... I've owned them..) the shorty header install is a nitemare as well as burns plug wires... go with a nice set of pace setter LT headers, OR-Y and a Borla exhaust...

Originally posted by Car Enthusiast:

are pace setter lt's worth it, i have heard some people say they don't fit well/ground clearance issues

I've done 4 different pace setter installs... they are cake installs and the only one that has a ground clearance issue is mine... but that's my x-pipe that's causing the issue.

Pace setters rock as far as I'm concerned.

+1 on the Pacesetters, they are identical to the hookers but have slip fittings. As much as I like pretty stuff, just get them uncoated, as nearly all coatings find a way to chip or flake on headers.

Guest trans_am_matt
I've got SLP loudmouth, Bullet mufflers, and no cats, with LT headers and people say it sounds mean as hell. It's an LS1 though so i'm sure an LT1 might sound a little different. -matt-

Originally posted by Lustalbert (more used cars than CR):

tube headers, then dump the pipes straight out before the wheels. mufflers are for wussies.

coming from the guy with loudest slow car ever :D

Originally posted by trans_am_matt:

I've got SLP loudmouth, Bullet mufflers, and no cats, with LT headers and people say it sounds mean as hell. It's an LS1 though so i'm sure an LT1 might sound a little different. -matt-

SLP doesn't make LT's for LT1's... but typically LT1's have a deeper sound than LS1's because LS1's have an aluminum block