2003 comemerative edition corvete?

Black ITR Guy

i have never heard of one of these before mabey someone on here might have and can also give their opinion. this has the 2003 'vett body but the front and rear end of a '53 'vett. imo i think it was really a beautiful car the way it all fit together was really smooth. has anyone of here seen one or ever even heard of them before? like how many were made this one had a plate in between the seats with the number 010 so im guessing they are rare and this one was prob one of the first public issued cars.

When I saw the title of this post thread I thought you meant the 50th anniversary edition that came with special paint, champagne colored wheels, and the special electromagnetic shocks.

But I have seen the car you're talking about. I thought there was just one made, but since you mentioned that it had a number plaque, then there must be more! smile.gif They're probably really expensive and the few that were made are probably owned by rich people with the right connections at GM.

Guest SaleenSC302

I saw one of those last year at a car show at the Ford engine plant in cleveland. Here are some pics

http://zeekschopshop.4t.com/images/p8242268.jpg

http://zeekschopshop.4t.com/images/p8242267.jpg

Originally posted by CotYZX2:

I guess I was a little off. But, for an extra $36,000 I'd want an upgrade that added power, not just a cool look.

Yeah, but if that's every body pannel like it looks to be, in fiberglass, all custom made that price starts to sound a little less unreasonable. The only thing that looks like it could be stock on the outside of that car are the door skins. I think it looks pretty cool, but for 36k I know you can put alot of power down in one of thoes (duh!), but you could even got with someone expensive like Ligenfelter. You don't buy that kit becuase you want to put any more power down than stock ever. That's a collectors car for sure and that's about it.

Originally posted by Kohones:

I saw this SAME car (retro 53) yesterday at the Corvette gathering in Roscoe Village. It is definately tooooo cooool - graemlins/thumb.gif

Shouldnt you be working? graemlins/slap.giftongue.gif

-Marc

Originally posted by Kohones:

I saw this SAME car (retro 53) yesterday at the Corvette gathering in Roscoe Village. It is definately tooooo cooool - graemlins/thumb.gif

yeah thats where i saw it too....i couldnt pass up a 'vett show in my home town