new car

Ambrosia

Both are nice vehicles. I might suggest the lexus suv over both. Oh and the Cadillac, I think its called srx or something like that? My mom had test drove that with me one day and it was my favorite out of a long list of suv's. But - I think those fall into some sort of other luxury line or something like that...but W/E. It's shaped like an suv.

Originally posted by integra 906:

Shit! Dude drive an MDX, they are bad... And BMW maintenance is expensive as hell, Acura is they way to go...

shit! dude, stop triple posting! fuckin moron.

do us all a favor, dont buy an suv. do you have kids? do you transport a lot of stuff? im guessing no. buy a regualr fucking car, and try not to run anybody off the road with it.

what ever you do don't fixate on monthly payment. If the finance guy is worth anything he can get your payment pretty low. But the lower the payment now the higher the cost to you later. Look at your current debt level and monthly obligations.

$30,000 @ 5% interest and a 60 month loan I came up with a payment of 566.14

To get a purchase payment around 400 your loan amount needs to be $21500 and the interest needs to be 5% or lower.

An X3 3.0 MSRP's at 36000 so you would need a downpayment of $17,820 after tax. title, and destination to get the 400 a month payment.

And the X3 2.5 MSRP's at 30,300. So that makes the downpayment $11,200 roughly.

There are many other options that I would take before that kind of money out of pocket for that small of a vehicle.

Greg, Just wondering why you used 60 months? Is that just kind of the standard for financing a car when one is trying to get lower monthly payments? Is that sort of a maximum, generally speaking?

Just wondering.

Originally posted by Orion:

do us all a favor, dont buy an suv.

buy a regualr fucking car, and try not to run anybody off the road with it.

for most new purchases 60 months is the norm. In the last few years lenders have begun to offer 66 and 72 month terms. I would be very cautious of that long of a term for a car. But yes the longer term is there to lower the payment. But the lender will make alot more the longer the term

Here is the exact amount the lender would make on those different terms with the same loan size and interest rate.

30k @5%

24 months = 1,587.40

36 months = 2,368.57

48 months = 3,162.18

60 months = 3,968.22

66 months = 4,375.89

72 months = 4,786.65

I hear people talk all the time about what a great rate they got but if you take a long term you still got hosed.

Here is a scary fact I can now offer a 40 yr mortgage for those who want that low payment at all cost.

On 100k the lender will make an extra $38,198.59 for the longer term at the same rate of 5%.

Guest SweeeetSilvia
Originally posted by THE_BITCH_OF_FURY:

ok i have a problem... this weekend kelly bmw let me take a x3 home for the weekend and now i'm not sure what i want that thing is sweet...but it may be out of our price range

is there any suv's that compare?

Try going to Buckeye Nissan, ask for me in the detail section, the new Pathfinders are sick rides. True story.

i can add to durango, i've been driving an 03 for a couple weeks now.it's not a bad ride at all.it has the small v8 in it and gets around better than some other SUVs i've driven.the interior isn't bad.not really good either,but domestic truck based SUVs never have been in my eyes.we have had 2 of them between 3crews and the other one had to go back to thrifty for brake failure at 38k and mine is squeeking and feels like some bushings are shot up front,but it is a rental and gets treated as such.not to mention traffic in puerto rico is retarded.the brakes see ALOT of action and there are potholes here that literally consume lesser vehicles.

Originally posted by BiG BeN:

in that size, and level off offroad-ability.the infinit fx comes to mind.it's pricey too,but the nissan murano is the same thing without as many bells and whistles.

Now thats some shit. Since when does this class of SUV even get measured in offroad ability. If he's even considering one he's not thinking about getting a 4x4. Just something mall rated enough to get out of a wet parking lot.

Evan