anyone buy a car from denny dotson?

DeathSandwich

From what I have seen first hand, the sales people are assholes, and they think that they can price gouge. They have some nice cars, but are asking way to much for most of them.

Experiences differ from one to the next, so my advice is to go up their and have a look. If they treat you well and give you a good price, go for it.

I just wouldnt be to suprised if you post back on here that you didnt have a good trip.

-Marc

I heard from many people they roll the miles back on the cars, so be careful on the car your picking. If its something where miles is definately a issue on the kind of motor or setup it has, look at it thoroughly before buying.

one of my buddies looked at a car up there... the salespeople didn't seem to want to give him the time of day... little did they know that he had money in his hand to buy a car.

I deffinately will never give them any of my business.

I went up there one night with a buddy of mine to check out a 91 TT 300 ZX, walked in to talk to one of the sales guys, told him i had a grand prix and what I owed on it, without lookin at anything hes like naaaa, we cant do it and walked away. My expierence, not to good, they all seemed like ass hats but what do I know

Originally posted by EVILGTP98:

I went up there one night with a buddy of mine to check out a 91 TT 300 ZX, walked in to talk to one of the sales guys, told him i had a grand prix and what I owed on it, without lookin at anything hes like naaaa, we cant do it and walked away. My expierence, not to good, they all seemed like ass hats but what do I know

ha ha. Ass hats. I drove over there (from Marysville!) to look at an RX7 and they were complete ass hats. It was in pretty shitty condition, and they were asking 18,000. They wouldn't let me test drive it (claimed it had mechanical problems), so I told them to call me when I could drive it. Well, it must have been way overpriced, cause they called me about 4 months later, telling me that I could drive the car. Of course, I had already owned my car for about 3 months, so I told them to stick it. Ass hats.

Bought a car from them YEARS ago. 90 Cav, actually it was the wifes car. Anyway, they hosed her. Ended up basically paying for them to take the tradein after it was all said and done because of the way the paperwork was put together. The people there are asshats, NO ONE from Johnstown deal with them, only people from out of town. I drive past it EVERY day and *** cars don't seem to change much.

Consider that he use to have the Chevy dealership in Johnstown and now he's selling used cars. That has to say something.

Man, I love Denny dotson. My brother bought a car there a few years ago and they were really cool. They let us drive any car we want. We go up usually about once a month and drive several cars. Both the sales guys will sit and talk to us forever. We were there about two hours last time. I guess it helps when my in-laws see Denny almost every weekend at horse shows. I agree some of their cars are over priced but we found its always negotiable, but their customer service has always been very good with me.

Eric

I agree also that there cars are very over priced. I live in Johnstown and drive by there lot at least 2 times a day and the cars really don't change to much there. I know they have had a green eclipse up front for almost a year now. At one time I had found this picture of a civic they had for sale that had a hugh wing on it and to top it off it was installed backwards. The picture was taken on the side of the building were they have there name painted on the side.

from what i hear that place is pretty shady to begin with, i have a friend that works at a dealership in Johnstown, and he has very reputable knowledge that when ever one of Dotsons cars gets "stolen" it is actually one of his employees (who shall remain nameless) takeing the vehicles,and he runs a private chop shop

i didnt annalyze this too much till i heard the same info from another person who has no knowledge of who my friend is,... so the same info coming from two seperate ppl leans me toward believing.

plus Denny is kinda prickish anyhow