value of 86 vette

stolen 5.0

Since it's got a new paint job and new L98, I'd say it shouldn't be more than $6000. Vettes are tough to paint right...the right job costs thousands of bucks and a shitty job will bring the value down significantly.

Originally posted by Volvolution:

84 coupe is the cheapest one you can find... 4000-6000 depending on condition and milage.

Now what does that have to do with an 86 vette that someone Fowler knows is trying to sell?

Sam gave that comparsion because bettwen 86 to 87, not very much changed.

the paint job and motor was done by a dealership here in town. my step dad seen the car for sale for $7000 and wanted to buy it to try and turn some money. he thought he could sell it real quick for 10k, i was just trying to show him it's probally not worth that much

Originally posted by Stolen 5.0:

seen

ahhhhh.... St. Clairsville.

Just playin man. My Unlce just bought a 87 with manual transmission and 90,000 on the motor/chassis for $5,800. Don't know about the paint. Those cars can be had for way less than $7,000 though. :cool:

Originally posted by Stolen 5.0:

the paint job and motor was done by a dealership here in town. my step dad seen the car for sale for $7000 and wanted to buy it to try and turn some money. he thought he could sell it real quick for 10k, i was just trying to show him it's probally not worth that much

That is around the market value on the 86($7000). If it is a late 86 with the aluminum heads it might go for a little more. He will sit on the car for a while if he thinks he will be able to sell it for $10000.