Driver foot rest

Two new colors: blue and grey

Model Lineup

Engine Transmissions

6.0L V-8

6-spd man

Can't wait for the official pictures of the reworked Goat graemlins/thumb.gif

Originally posted by Wease:

Very cool. Sucks for the guys who currently have or will have the LS1 version... ;)

We were talking about this the other day and it could make them more of a collector’s item over time. If not at least considered rare. It will probably be considered the oddball after sometime.

I do see how most people buying this car wanted a performance car and this one sounds like it will perform a good bit better.

Originally posted by punkrocker3_00:

That sounds just like the GTO Autocross edition you can get now. Same specs. Maybe not the same engine, but I know it produced 400 hp. I think the Autocross one is a limited production this year.

Please do not speak when you don't know what you're talking about.

The Autrocross Edition you're referring to was a concept car at SEMA, never meant for production. It also had an LS6 engine, not the LS2. They may share some styling cues, but it's going to be a different car.

Guest BLACKBIRD99
Originally posted by punkrocker3_00:

That sounds just like the GTO Autocross edition you can get now. Same specs. Maybe not the same engine, but I know it produced 400 hp. I think the Autocross one is a limited production this year.

I don't think GM would make a version of a car dedicated to a relatively small form of racing such as autocrossing.

I saw a 'making of' on the History channel for that video. It was pretty cool, they described all the new Pontiac vehicles for the new year.

Did anyone see "The Last Ride?" It was on USA network I think. All I know is after they painted the GTO red and added the new parts, it looked pretty badass.

Originally posted by BLACKBIRD99:

I don't think GM would make a version of a car dedicated to a relatively small form of racing such as autocrossing.

Autocrossing is a lot bigger then you think.

Let's not get into another arguement over who think the GTO looks too much like a Grand Prix and weather that's a good thing or not.

Guest BLACKBIRD99
Originally posted by Mallard:

Autocrossing is a lot bigger then you think.

Let's not get into another arguement over who think the GTO looks too much like a Grand Prix and weather that's a good thing or not.

What I was comparing it to is when they had the NHRA edition T/A. If anything, they would do something like that or maybe an SCCA GTO but that's highly unlikely. I wasn't knocking autoxing by any means.

Guest BLACKBIRD99
Originally posted by Razorback:

Maybe GM realized their mistake and will start producing a new GTO next year instead of a RWD V8 Grand Prix. One can only hope.

I've read that for 06, the GPs, Montes and Impalas are going RWD. Then I heard a rumor that a couple years after that they'll be getting V8s.

Originally posted by Mallard:

[QBAutocrossing is a lot bigger then you think.[/QB]

Not really, especially when it comes to marketing something. SCCA, perhaps (as that would include autocrossing among other types of racing), Auto-X.....nope. Though it is definately fun and challenging, you do have to remember auto-x is racing around some cones in a parking lot.

Originally posted by Jumpin' Jack Flash:

And I thought a GTO WAS a RWD Grand Prix! :D

Maybe I can convince my dad to get one if they look nice. He used to have a '68 4-speed and I know he'd probably love to get another one if the styling was good.

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

I'm sure it will still look better than the Mustang. smile.gif

You and 4 other people. The Mustang will continue to outsell the shit out of anything else out there.

Back to the new goat. Sweet news with the LS2. As for whoever it was that was speculating on the lower power earlier models becoming more rare/collectible because of it... not likely.

All the old muscle cars of a lower power trim consistently collected lower dollar values than their higher power versions, regardless of their rarity. For example I can't think of any 350 or 396 Chevelles that outpriced a 454, and there were some odd combos in the 350s... etc. I doubt the GTO will be any different come 2025.

Anyhow, I'm itching to see one.

Originally posted by Mowgli:

As for whoever it was that was speculating on the lower power earlier models becoming more rare/collectible because of it... not likely.

All the old muscle cars of a lower power trim consistently collected lower dollar values than their higher power versions, regardless of their rarity. For example I can't think of any 350 or 396 Chevelles that outpriced a 454, and there were some odd combos in the 350s... etc. I doubt the GTO will be any different come 2025.

Anyhow, I'm itching to see one.

Wait, you mean like the 53 Corvettes with the inline 6 cylinders? :rolleyes:

Not comparing the GTO to the 53 Corvette, just proving a point. Believe what you like, the 04 GTO will be a sought after item, and it will retain its value. You can quote me on that one.

Guest preluderacer
personally i think the new gto is a relativly nice car. Yeah, it may not be as nice as the old ones, but it would still be nice to have one.