Need help on coilover adjust

Guest itzsteven

Guest itzsteven
Hi everyone! I have the Ksport coilover setup on my car, but I couldn't adjust it to the way I want. It always give a little bouncing on the street. Can anyone recommend me to a shop for alignment and know how to adjust these thing??? Thanks! I really need it, this thing is killing me.

1. this really should be in tech so InB4DaMoV.

2. From my understanding a little bouncy ride is normal for coilovers. (unless you can adjust the rebound)

3. not to flame you or start a flame war why put coilovers on a camry?

It doesn't have to be bouncy, but it will ride stiffer and you'll feel more bumps in the road. I know my car will bounce on certain roads depending on the road surface. (Wavy concrete for one)

I beleive the K-Sports adjust rebound and compression at the same time. Just continue to make it softer until it feels like something you can live with. I also hope you set your ride heights properly and aligned the car.

Originally posted by Tinman:

By any chance do you have a cheap set of coilovers on stock shocks/struts? If so remove pitch and replace.

No K-sports are cheap coliovers that are the entire package. I think they all come with camber plates on the front too. They look nice, the spec sheet sounds nice, but the shocks are cheap POS's.

Guest itzsteven

I paid $900 for it. Well, do you guy thing adjust the rebound will help the bouncing?? I want it stiff but not bounce all the time. I can adjust spring and height on this thing. I got the height I want and already aligned, but not the rebound and stiffness.

I had bad experience with pepboys on morse/maze. I left the car there from 12-3 and they didn't even touch it. Came there again at 3, tell them to do it and have to wait for another 1 hour. After they got done, I saw one of my tire goes flat, and out of balance. Pissed me off.

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

Who in the hell mentioned Pep Boys??

It's a Camry; go put the stock stuff back on, sell those coilovers, and invest the money elsewhere. Best advice I can give.

sadly, i can find no fault in this statement.

Guest itzsteven
I want to turn it to a show car. Not a ricer here, I want to do something different. smile.gif I heard these advices all the time. If I drive a civic, I already finished rice it up, parts are too cheap and easy to find, that's why I turned my head to the camry. But thanks for the advice guys. I like my camry.

Originally posted by itzsteven:

I want to turn it to a show car. Not a ricer here, I want to do something different. smile.gif I heard these advices all the time.

Camry's are not show car's. They are reliable A to B cars, period. They are designed to be as boring as possible, so people DON'T look at them, and don't mod them. They are supposed to just blend in with everything else.

coilovers seem "bouncy" sometimes but usually that is just wavy road that you never notice untill you put on something stiffer like coilovers. when i go down the highway with my coilovers it does sometimes seem

"bouncy" but really its the road. and if they are stiff enough they will defenetly be bumpy. changing the damper rate won't help too much with the bounciness but you should give it a try any ways, if it has adjustable damper that is. also what spring rates are you running? and how low is it? because preloading the springs usually makes them feel better. ill just go ahead and say what preloading is: its lowering the car just enough so that when the car is jacked up the spring is still touching the upper pillow ball mount. i hope some of that helps.

Guest itzsteven
Originally posted by byhi:

coilovers seem "bouncy" sometimes but usually that is just wavy road that you never notice untill you put on something stiffer like coilovers. when i go down the highway with my coilovers it does sometimes seem

"bouncy" but really its the road. and if they are stiff enough they will defenetly be bumpy. changing the damper rate won't help too much with the bounciness but you should give it a try any ways, if it has adjustable damper that is. also what spring rates are you running? and how low is it? because preloading the springs usually makes them feel better. ill just go ahead and say what preloading is: its lowering the car just enough so that when the car is jacked up the spring is still touching the upper pillow ball mount. i hope some of that helps.

Thanks for your help, i got it fixed. I adjusted the preloading and it worked a lot better now.