Nearest drag strip to Columbus

RX-7 Addict

Guest nevarmore

National Trails is the closest.

Norwalk and Dragway 42 are pretty close.

Since you have good turning car, Mid-Ohio, Nelson Ledges, and BeaverRun will give you some good twisty road courses to have fun on.

Thanks for the info. Im somewhat new to columbus. Norwalk and Dragway 42 is a bit far (almost 2 hours) but I will check out National Trails. For those who go, what is Grudge, and what is Street legal drags? Not sure what this means, Im looking for something where I can just run for fun, not bracket racing

Originally posted by RX-7 Addict:

Thanks for the info. Im somewhat new to columbus. Norwalk and Dragway 42 is a bit far (almost 2 hours) but I will check out National Trails. For those who go, what is Grudge, and what is Street legal drags? Not sure what this means, Im looking for something where I can just run for fun, not bracket racing

Grudge (Wednesdays) is bracket racing. You'll only get 1 time trial then you bracket race.

Street legal drags (Fridays) is just fun run/time trials. You'll definitely want to go on Fridays.

Welcome to Columbus and the site..

Guest BLACKBIRD99

For those who don't know, Norwalk is about 110 miles from Columbus, and about 40 of those miles are 2 lane roads. I'd say Kilkare in Xenia is about as far as Mt Vernon. Possibly even Tri State in Cincy too.

Norwalk is easily the best in Ohio but it's a pain in the ass to get to IMO.

Originally posted by Desperado:

WTF????? That took balls to ask! You just move here from Russia or did you just lead a real sheltered life.

Trails, then DragWay 42, then Pacemakers in Mt Vernon (1/8 mile) not sure the next one, then Norwalk.

Kilkare is closer than Norwalk I believe.

Welcome. I'll probably see you out on Friday night Street Legals. If you have any questions while you're there, come hit me up. I'll probably either be standing near my car or sitting in it while in the staging lanes so feel free to ask if I can help you with anything. smile.gif Welcome to the board.

Originally posted by Razorback:

Welcome. I'll probably see you out on Friday night Street Legals. If you have any questions while you're there, come hit me up. I'll probably either be standing near my car or sitting in it while in the staging lanes so feel free to ask if I can help you with anything. smile.gif Welcome to the board.

Thanks for the kind words. I'll prob be there unless there is something early going on at OSU. I see you ran a 12.70 at ~107.. Was this on slicks? Reason I ask is because I trapped 107.5 at Norwalk but I only got 2 runs in and they were both mid 13s. First time drag racing, and I really cant launch. Hoping to break into 12s friday

closest is trails 40 min with good traffic even from hilliard.

pacemakers is a little closer than Marion county, but is even time for me living on the west side of town, I guess Pacemakers wouldn't count because you were asking about the 1/8 mile though. I can get to each in a little under an hour.

Kilkare and 42 are about equal time away but 42 is more mileage (around 100) mostly highway, kilkare is alot of 2 lane. I get to each in about hour and 15 to 1.5 hour.

norwalk farthest but best.

Yes i've been to all of them in the past year.

Originally posted by Ricochet:

Hey do (did) you go to Devry? I knew a guy there with the same model and color Cobra as you, running a 75 shot or something.

Hey, yeah I remember you. You got a brand new Civic like two years ago right? Didn't you have Thorne's class with me around the same time and I saw you out there at Trails once or twice?

And yes, I still go to DeVry. Graduating with the first degree this summer and going back for one more year for a second. You?