Supra guys?

Guest Rane

this is what I found:

Sorry guy, my ex-b/f had two N/A supra's, he had looked into converting them over. You can do it but it is $$$$$ and a pain in the ass.

http://www.suprastore.com/ihatmynonsup.html

In a nutshell here are you choices:

1. Sell it and get a TT Supra. It is a much better foundation for modifications.

2. There is only turbo kit that fits your car and it is available on our Non-Turbo (NA( Supra section on the website. $5000 (4-6 weeks delivery). Expect 375HP total.

3. Do a TT engine swap. By the time you do the ECU and wiring harness and professional install you are looking at $12K

This is a very common question and one I hope to answer here, so I don't have to answer 100 emails a day about this same question. Many people start their search for a Supra Twin-Turbo and begin to find out that the search can be a bit difficult and expensive. At some point people begin to see that the non-turbo version of the Supra, while it has the same body style (looks) as it's big brother twin-turbo, it is certainly much less expensive.

The question then always comes, can I add the turbo kits you have listed on your website to my non-turbo Supra, because if I can, then I can save alot of money. Answer: The non-turbo engine is called a 2JZGE and while it has a shared basic design (inline 6) of the twin-turbo (2JZGTE) engine it is a different beast. You CANNOT utilize turbo kits designed for the 2JZGTE Twin Turbo Supra engine on a non-turbo Supra engine (at least without a lot of work, time and money). The cylinder head manifold mounting is different, clearances are different, it has small fuel injectors, is a higher compresssion motor and a few other changes that make it not possible. The non-turbo car has 225HP from the factory and has a very limited path forward for upgrades. We have a separate section on our website for Non-Turbo - NA Supras, which will lead you in the right direction on that car.

Another question we get is: Can is just go to Toyota and have them convert the engine to a TT? Answer: NO, so don't ask. You can perform a costly engine transplant, where you get the computer, entire engine, transmission and mounts from a twin-turbo car ($12,000+) and do an entire engine swap, but by the time you did this it would have been better to start with a twin-turbo car. Twin-turbo cars have larger brakes and other goodies as well.

I'm not buying one, was just curious about this. I saw that website too but it seemed like they were just trying to sell there products...I also saw a website about it but all the links were broken >_>.

Guest doggunracing
Originally posted by Doug:

i thought you bougth a 300zx?

Just like he *bought* Alex's Eclipse, just *bought* a 300ZX TT and will *buy* some guy's Supra.

*Any verb tenses of the verb 'buy' may be replaced with 'bullshitted'*

Uh, get a life? Alex rather he told you guys was being all cool about shit or not. Was going to have a "problem" fixed before I came and looked at the car. IMO that car was a complete peice of shit interior wise. And he decided he couldn't fix the problem untill summer. The person who bought it lost the wheel on the highway.

The 300zx however, I want to buy I told the guy it would take a couple weeks to a month to get the money. He said ok, its been 3 weeks. The person was suppsed to process the paper work got promoted and is taking his sweet ass time. Justin however wants to sell the car quicker so he can buy another one.

And I don't want a supra graemlins/jerkit.gif . If I don't get this kids 300zx before he sells it then I am getting a BMW to pimp around.