Mechanics on here??

Browning

If you are a mechanic, please chime in right about now. I posted this thread a few days ago, web page

We took it to 2 different places, one being a Transmission shop, the other a tire shop that does other stuff as well. They both said it was the drivers side wheel bearing, but it was lacking one distinction, the noise does not stop when you turn left and right.

Anyhow, I just got done replacing the wheel bearing,(again. The noise is still there. Who has a shop, or can reccomend a place that could possibly look at it tomorrow morning? This car CANNOT stay off the road long. :(

if it is a unitized hub and bearing swap sides. the bearing noise can trick you into thinking its one side and not the other. the c/v shafts will act like a stethascope (sp) its real difficult to tell some times unless you have play in the bearing. and a front bearing will make noise and not have any visable play.

i swapped both sides 3 months ago. I found a half shaft at a place for 35 bucks, no core charge. Do you think that will solve it?

Also, does the axle just slide out of the diferential? Or is it bolted in??

Originally posted by Ridenred27:

if it is a unitized hub and bearing swap sides. the bearing noise can trick you into thinking its one side and not the other. the c/v shafts will act like a stethascope (sp) its real difficult to tell some times unless you have play in the bearing. and a front bearing will make noise and not have any visable play.

sometimes can get around the 'one side or the other' if you drive next to a wal lwhen it does it, it will echo off of one-side better (noticablly) than the other, just an FYI.

Hope it helps.

I'm going to go replace the water pump on a rodeo now ... *hang me*