Anyone seen the new Eclipse?

ancientmysts

I saw it at the auto show and like it much better than the previous design. It seems to be a derivative of the styling of the 97 eclipses, and you can't argue with 263hp. Now if they really want to make it cool, they'll build that 3.8 liter motor and equip it with a turbo for about 400hp.

But it's still a mitsubishi so I'll sit back and observe, for a year or two, how well the new motor holds up before I consider owning one...actually, I'll probably OWN one out on 270 as soon as some spoiled teenager gets out there in a fast n furious mind-set.

...oh yeah...i mean, they're nice lookin cars.

Yeah, I still like the EVO's better anyways. Actually thinking about trying to get one of those in the future. Tired of hearing, oh, you've got a Civic, ricer. Although, might still hear the same thing, maybe not as much, with an EVO.

I saw at the auto show as well... ummm..

Originally posted by Myst:

Doesn't matter that much, can't have a car without some other car enthusists that don't like it. Except for a Civic, no one likes those. :D

Very true, i don't mind civics, they're nice looking and reliable, it's just the MAJORITY, not all, of the owners are douche's.

It looks like they took my car and beat it w/ an ugly stick. I thought maybe in person it'd look a bit better, nah, not really.

Originally posted by buckeye:

nissan called and they want there 350z design back

It looks like they just took the whole backend off the Audi TT as well and put some gay euros on it. I am impressed w/ the HP on this one though..

Originally posted by 97Z:

I saw it at the auto show and like it much better than the previous design. It seems to be a derivative of the styling of the 97 eclipses, and you can't argue with 263hp. Now if they really want to make it cool, they'll build that 3.8 liter motor and equip it with a turbo for about 400hp.

But it's still a mitsubishi so I'll sit back and observe, for a year or two, how well the new motor holds up before I consider owning one...actually, I'll probably OWN one out on 270 as soon as some spoiled teenager gets out there in a fast n furious mind-set.

...oh yeah...i mean, they're nice lookin cars.

michael you suck

Guest Redracerx

Too bad 263 sux for a 3.8L engine. But it is a V-6 instead of an inline 6 where out of a 3.0L you can get 300+ out of the box.

It is good though to see more concept designs coming into production.... the future is almost here.