car question

Ambrosia

Will there is two of us and I don't wana drive the mini van or the olds... and he takes the bmw to work through the week, we thought about getting another bmw but I don't wana pay $50,000 for another car. plus we need something we can put miles on the beemer is a lease

I would personaly NEVER buy new, it just does not make sence. I would find a good used card then have a shop check it out for free before you buy. I check cars out all the time for my customers, I give them as long a lis of problems as I can find from "it needs a engine" to "the passenger door makes a noise" or "it needs a fuse". You just need to keep in mind that it is a machine, it WILL break and you will have to fix it (even new(sometimes more so))

Originally posted by THE_BITCH_OF_FURY:

but hundai's are just like kia's...I'm sorry but I think they are the worst cars every made

USED to be. Not the case any more. For what you want, the Elantra fits the bill. I agree, a Kia is not even a car, really. Neither was Daiwoo, that was the most horrible car ever made. But honestly, the Hyundai is MUCH better than it used to be. At least go look at one before dismissing it.

I'm selling my car for $9500 OBO, its used, but excellent shape, low miles and fully loaded including leather. It will run strong forever and then some. We're having kids and I need a four door so it's up for grabs, check my FS post in the Corral, or email me at Black98Beast@aol.com I agree, screw the new cars, some used cars are better than new, especially new cheap economy cars.

Pics at: www.cardomain.com/id/black98beast

LMK

Matt

ok thanks everyone I'll go look at the Elantra and start looking at some used cars. and dave once again shut the fuck up

i had a 01 elantra, it got good gas mileage, ran well, and the only warranty issues i had were 2 bad struts, both on driver side :(

put about 24k miles on it and flogged the hell out of it, and it held up well.

yeah we have been looking at honda's but I was hoping there was somthing else out there I also looked at the ford focus but I'm not sure if I really like them I'm not really concerned with reselling it we will drive it till it dies

I drove a Focus once for about 100 miles, because the other two people with me were busy bickering about who should drive, and who was more tired... Hated the damn thing though, cause it felt like my little Neon was faster at taking off then the damn thing and I didn't like the way the interior was designed. graemlins/doh.gif

I would check out the Elantras also. My wife has a 03 Elantra GT 5-door. Pretty good car. Had no problems with it except a bad rear bearing which was fixed by the warrenty for free. The GT's are nice since they have leather. We get about 29 miles/gallon with 98% of the driving done on the highway. BTW...Kia is a division of Hyundai.

You can also get a 04 Dodge Neon SXT for less than $10,000. Many dealerships are trying to get them off the lot. They get pretty good gas milage normal around 32ish on the highway.