Need Advice

Tulo

About 2-3 weeks ago I had Mobile Electronics install the Clifford 3.5 on my car. In order for the remote start to work though, I needed to have a clutch bypass. Other then that, all the other functions of the alarm would work though. The guy I talked to even straight up told me that one of the functions I would have would be a turbo timer. Well I got it installed and it turns out that the timer won't work with the clutch bypass. The guy said that he's going to talk to clifford and find a way around it, but everytime I talk to him he tells me to check back in a week.

Well, i'm pissed off. I would not have gotten it if it didn't have a timer, and I don't have all the time in the world for them to give me the run around. Isn't that false advertising or something? Is it out of line to think that they should install a seperate turbo timer for free to compensate for their fuck-up?

Guest wigsite
If you paid with a credit card you can file a dispute with the credit card issuer and they can withhold payment to the vendor until this issue is resolved.

they don't have to pay for anything unless you have it in writing that they said this has a turbo timer... if it says on the box that it has a turbo timer, then take it up with Clifford... in court, hear-say doesn't mean jack...

If the box says that it has a turbo timer on it.... then call clifford yourself, ask them how to make it work... then go back to Mobile with what you find out and I'm sure they will take care of it for you.

that's my $.02 ... good luck! :D

I agree if its a feature of the unit then they should install it or make you happy. If its just a clutch override that would be a very easy circuit to install. I don't understand there problem with it. If you never get the problem resolved let me know and we'll get some specs and bypass it.

Evan