This pretty much sums it up for GM......

400 HO

I do like the GTO, I don't think it's that overpriced. The interior is really nice. Many people forget that the old GTO was nothing more than a drab Tempest with a 389. graemlins/nod.gif However, the rest of GM pretty much sucks, save the Corvette and most of Cadillac line up. It's really sad to see them go down the drain like this... :(

Originally posted by Wease:

I do like the GTO, I don't think it's that overpriced. The interior is really nice. Many people forget that the old GTO was nothing more than a drab Tempest with a 389. graemlins/nod.gif However, the rest of GM pretty much sucks, save the Corvette and most of Cadillac line up. It's really sad to see them go down the drain like this... :(

I'll second that.

Guest aftermidnight
GM is just laying over and playing dead. sounds like they need to re-structure the decision makers before they surplus their own stock and run the company into the ground. what a waste on some of their ideas but when they can't follow the consumer's request, likes, dislikes, and build a shitty line-up. they are going to kept the toilet-bowl swirl of the company in full effect. only way they're going to down the tube.

Originally posted by Mowgli:

De Lorean a Gifted Engineer and a Visionary?

Jigga wuh? Yeah, and I'm Elvis Presley.

DeLorean was a snake oil salesman, con artist.

thank you, that article is just another opinion

I feel that article is definately off-target.

It totally leaves out GM's truck market. Sure the Silverado SS is a poor performer, and the SSR is too much money, but the rest of the lineup is rock solid.

Caddy's whole lineup is better than it has ever been. They are getting it done.

GM has a niffty lineup with Saab, but they put no focus on it at all. That's just bad marketing, something GM has a history of being very poor with.

Pontiac has seen better days. But the G6 isn't a bad car, but IMO is priced too high, especially as a Grand Am replacement. The GTO is correctly priced IMO and is a great car. Grand Prix is status quo and where it should be. The rest of the lineup should be dumped, though.

GMC is same as usual, but in a good way. Hummer lineup is pretty sweet, and every vehicle offered is unique.

They might as well axe Buick, the whole lineup sucks.

I've never liked Saturn, though they seem to be trying a little harder recently, especially w/ the Sky coming out soon.

Chevy has some great, and some bad. C6 is freaking awesome, a world-class sports car. Truck lineup is strong. The Cobalt is a step in the right direction, though not a big enough step. The van lineup needs re-vamped. The Aveo needs axed. The Monte, Impala, and Malibu need totally rethought out. They are boring and not getting the job done.

That said, GM as a whole offers more vehicles I would buy than any other maker.

Hummer is in complete freefall and won't last the decade.

Though I don't agree with the article on the De Lorean part or the history piece I do agree with two parts:

- GM interiors, across the board, suck. Except for the GTO and the CTS, the current interiors suck eggs, all of them. Quality, design and asthetics, they're all poor or mediocre. And none of the interiors I've seen coming are any better. GM has a shit poor pool of interior designers and needs a complete purge of their ranks. They need to look to Honda and Toyota for interior design (not europe though).

- GM exteriors... ditto. Curves in the wrong places, bulges in the wrong places, overhang... in the wrong places, creases, in the wrong places - it goes on and on and on. Again - take the designers out and shoot em and get some fresh blood in there with some ideas with some KABOOM to them. Every concept car I've seen out of GM I yawn at (including the Solstice).

Thats my opinion.

The article that started this thread, is unfortunately "right on" in my opinion. To make matters worse GM & Ford stock is tanking! You can't manufacture boring, unpleasant to the eye models over & over & over / then throw phony rebates of $4k - $6k to the public & think = Ohhhh they'll buy it! In addition to what I've just said, there were a lot of people pissed at me when I had the nerve 8 mo's ago to post something like = Pontiac let there loyal fans DOWN! You pay $35k or whatever & they did NOT give ya what you were paying for! I'm BY NO MEANS ANTI GM, but they're screwing up & they need to fix it pronto --