I'm so glad I don't own a LS1...

Boost-n-Juice

...for those who do had better be thankful they don't blow up easily!

I just watched Horsepower TV and they took a LS1 out of SS Camaro because it spun a Rod bearing and man what a pain! Is that the only way to get the engine out, by pulling it from the bottom? What a nigtmare!

No lie, I can pull my mustang motor and have it on the engine stand, down to the short block in 2 hours.

They aren't hard to pull from underneath. You can pull them from the top as well, you just have to pull off a few extra things to do it that way.

I've pulled my LT1 from underneath; wasn't a big deal, though it took several hours. And you don't need a lift to do it either.

They did dyno it but the results were less than impressive in N/A form becuase they built the bottom end for a blower project. not sure if they're done with the whole blower project or not yet but it strikes me that in N/A form with all of the stuff that they did to it it still only made just over 300hp to the wheels.

Andy

Not everyone has easy access to a lift so they could pull their engine from underneath. I think what Brian's trying to say, is in the comfort of his own garage with a cherry picker, he could pull the engine in his '86 out in no time... graemlins/nod.gif

The last time I yanked the engine out of the truck, it took us 45 minutes... starting with the hood still bolted on, counting until the engine+trans was sitting on the floor.

Mid-80's engine bay, no 'puters, no treehugger pumps.

smile.gif

Originally posted by Wease:

Not everyone has easy access to a lift so they could pull their engine from underneath. I think what Brian's trying to say, is in the comfort of his own garage with a cherry picker

I'll quote myself smile.gif

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

I've pulled my LT1 from underneath; wasn't a big deal, though it took several hours. And you don't need a lift to do it either.

You've seen my garage; there is definately no lift. We pulled Tim's motor from underneath too. smile.gif Nothing but your very average hand tool selection, basic air tools (not needed, but are nice), a couple jacks/stands, and your normal Advanced Auto purchased engine hoist. The BMF and Daron are both eye witnesses to the projects for both.

Mine wouldn't have taken as long had I not pulled some extra stuff, as I was doing other things at the time.

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

I'll quote myself smile.gif

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

You've seen my garage; there is definately no lift. We pulled Tim's motor from underneath too. smile.gif Nothing but your very average hand tool selection, basic air tools (not needed, but are nice), a couple jacks/stands, and your normal Advanced Auto purchased engine hoist. The BMF and Daron are both eye witnesses to the projects for both.

Mine wouldn't have taken as long had I not pulled some extra stuff, as I was doing other things at the time.</font>

I was also a witness when that it was pulled out that way.

My neighbor pulled his LT1 out in his garage and didn't seem to complain much.I prefer out the top but I'm an old geezer so thats how I learned how to do it.Besides if you drive a 5.0 Mustang you never need to pull the motor out(sarcasm).My neighbors keep saying your going to blow that motor up and I say Yup.