$50 to the first person.....

Tinman

Originally posted by rl:

Holy shit thats a lot of runout, I wont run more than .0070. Can you machine some offset dowels or do you not want to mess with it?

EDIT: are you talking about centerline runout or squarness to the block?

Centerline runout, turns out I forgot I already had offset dowels in the block. But even with .021" offset dowels indexed in the right direction, it won't be with in spec. On a brighter note, Mike's buddy had some mag filler rod, the old bellhousing will be on in a matter of minutes:)

Originally posted by The Stig:

One of the potential problems of the NASCAR parts catalog, you never realy know what you're buying, more specificaly, from what team. Some know what they're doing, and some just dont. ;)

Sad part is the new bellhousing is right out of the box, never been on a car and never should end up on one.

Originally posted by Tinman:

Only the shavings and dust from magnesium are flammable, solid pieces won't ignite.

Liar. Not only will it light in chuncks in Chemistry class, but Dicks (or what ever it is now) Sells magnessium strips that you can use to light camp fires with graemlins/thumb.gif

Perhaps there are different GRADES of magnessium that maybe have different properties??? one used for camping equipment, one for metal work, another for Corvette wheels? :confused:

All of them are alloys. Its all flamable, its just hard to light in a block. If you are trying to light say a bellhousing on fire you would have to get it really hot then clear a layer of oxide off of it (that will form as it heats) to get it to catch.