Need cage put in my car. Who can do it?

SausageKing

I saw the Sticky above and know there are about 6 people who can.

I need it done ASAP!! I was in a really bad car accident a while back and will feel MUCH safer knowing the cage is in. I need it done very nicely for my peace of mind. (Very GOOD Welder)

You six guys, speak up.

prefabbed cage

90 talon

Let me know i can drive it anywhere to get it done.

I have Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off.

Let me know,

Thank You,

Jimmy

Originally posted by Matt Sterbator:

It was good seeing you tonight, Jimmy. That engine bay is soooooo pimp, even if you were afraid to run my stock 5.0L ;)

Hey Anth. It was good to see you too!

Haven't been out in a long time. I'll get out more now that my car is DONE!!!!

Thanx abot the engine, it's only gonna get better.

As far as the body, well thats another story. I like the beat up POS look.

I'll second how nice your engine bay looks. BTW, I'm the kid you meet out at Hooters weekend before last.

The engine bay is only going to get better?? What tricks do you have hiding up your sleve? I don't know what else you could do up there. :eek:

I'm going to reiterate the fact that you should be worrying about your brakes just as much as a cage. I remembered later that day about another possibility. I remember someone who had some turbo 3si brakes on their 1g, they told me there was a website out there for info on the swap. It might have just been the front, but it's something to think about. I would think that would be a fairly inexpensive route as compared to the 'other' swap I told you about. Can't remember how big your rims were, but I would think you'd need at least 17's to fit those brakes underneath of them (IIRC they are 13.x” rotors, 4piston oposing). Don't know how big (or small) you were wanting to go on your rims. That should be PLENTY of brakes for straight line racing just about any DSM, especially one that weighs as little as yours does.

Good luck on getting your cage done this weekend. Does anyone do SFC (sub frame connectors) for our cars? Just something I’ve been wondering about.

Guest aftermidnight
Originally posted by Trouble Maker:

I'll second how nice your engine bay looks. BTW, I'm the kid you meet out at Hooters weekend before last.

The engine bay is only going to get better?? What tricks do you have hiding up your sleve? I don't know what else you could do up there. :eek:

I'm going to reiterate the fact that you should be worrying about your brakes just as much as a cage. I remembered later that day about another possibility. I remember someone who had some turbo 3si brakes on their 1g, they told me there was a website out there for info on the swap. It might have just been the front, but it's something to think about. I would think that would be a fairly inexpensive route as compared to the 'other' swap I told you about. Can't remember how big your rims were, but I would think you'd need at least 17's to fit those brakes underneath of them (IIRC they are 13.x” rotors, 4piston oposing). Don't know how big (or small) you were wanting to go on your rims. That should be PLENTY of brakes for straight line racing just about any DSM, especially one that weighs as little as yours does.

Good luck on getting your cage done this weekend. Does anyone do SFC (sub frame connectors) for our cars? Just something I’ve been wondering about.

i know on a 2g talon, you can bolt the 3000gt brakes on and they are sweet....did it 3 weeks ago. the front brake line is the only trouble. different inputs into the caliper. (hint....get a piece of hard line about 3" long and hook the talon stock line into the 3000gt line and attach the hard line to the spindle upright.) i don't know much about dsm's rather the 1g and 2g brakes are similar but it might put you in the ballpark....i'm also looking at a 90 awd turbo talon and my first things to do to it is a 10 point cage and subframe connectors. graemlins/thumb.gif