I'm in debt for life. But I own a Z06 now.

RedRocket1647545505

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Volvolution:

Yea but that was like a 56... 55-68... those are ones you own just to show off... 2001- now... performers.

He's making an inside joke and referring to material that was around before you came on board.

Careful with the shifter issue? I hated mine too, bought a Hurst short throw, yeah its nice but with only 4,000 miles now damn thing makes wracket when getting into it in 2nd, has metal pieces all over the inside! I need to get it out, clean it, re-pack with grease & move on (sucks). Electron Blue heh? Yeah my favorite too / thats why my 2002 is that color!!!! Have fun, great purchase, longer you have & drive it more you'll be in love. Like someone said earlier in this post though / RESPECT it too cause she'll GO! graemlins/thumb.gif

~OK, hopefully this will work.~

~~Edit- it didn't work. Gonna do this the long way.~~

I figured I should post some responses eventually. First off, thanks to everybody for the comments.

Originally posted by Tenzig:

Its a night and day difference from the regular C5. The Z06 is the only vette I think I'd like owning. A well rounded car...pretty much. Work your way up to the limits in a safe environment, the oversteer comes at you FAST at speed. Start off in parking lots feelingit out with some tight and technical cornering, then work your way up, widen your turns, increase your speed....then go here and get refined in HPDE 1 and 2. A few instructors there have a good bit of experience with the Z06. Great purchase, congrats.

--Yea, I'm taking it easy for now in the turns. It seems to stick like Gorilla Glue though. I'd eventually like to try some road racing with it. I just hope I can do so without tearing it up.

Originally posted by Rane:

Nice car, 40 roll when weather allows?

--Possibly...

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

I'll be the ass and ask....how much was it??

--Too much. But like I said, its worth it.

Originally posted by 1Quik7:

i think you should have just fixed up the Cavalier...they can be race cars too

--What you don't realize is, my cavalier is actually my racecar. Its waaaaaay faster than the vette. I just don't like to bring it out on the weekends because racegas ain't cheap. tongue.gif

Originally posted by MadMalibu:

oh yeah, Z06 > *

--I would have to agree.

Originally posted by Matt Sterbator:

Nice car, Austin. But keep this one tops-up, otherwise I'll be taking some other parts from it :D

--I got the hardtop for a reason. smile.gif Just in case. And it doesn't hurt that it happened to be the 'performance' model as well.

Originally posted by Dr. Z06:

THE Z06 IS THE FASTEST CAR IN THE WORLD!!1!!

And now you know it. graemlins/thumb.gif Congratulations on your purchase - the electron blue is pimp.

I'm amazed at your reaction to the shifter. You hate it? I love it. By chance, did you ever have an opportunity to drive an 03/04 Cobra with a stock shifter? That may be the key here. Anyway, congrats again.

--Second fastest car in the world. Right next to my cavalier.

Also, I can't say I've ever driven a cobra. Though I would like to. I love those cars as well.

Originally posted by Volvolution:

shifters should be tall anyway... the throw should be short, the the shifter being tall has signifigance. With the shifter up in the air, you dont need to reach very far from the wheel to shift. Because the car is made to have awesome track maners... they designed the cockpit to suit racing style driving habbits... two hands on the wheel at almost all times, with quick shifting, then back to the wheel. One hand on the wheel and one on the shifter is not safe on the track... sooooo the corvette makes the quick shifting easy ;)

--Maybe, but it still isn't comfortable. I'll be switching it out soon.

Originally posted by Tenzig:

I thought the purpose of the Vette was to make'm wet?

--I damn sure hope so.

Originally posted by Eatonup:

Nice purchase! You just can't go wrong with those cars. The best all around sports car for the money. :cool:

--Again, I'd have to agree with this comment.

Originally posted by darksrt4:

eh so YOU are going to be in debt! mmm.. just messing I hope you like it respect it. or you will lose it.

--Yes, I am the one going in debt. I did, however, convince my mother to pay the taxes and for the extended warranty. Gotta love the moms!

Originally posted by Razorback:

It's a great feeling.

--Yes it is.

Originally posted by The DropTop:

SO, does your penis feel smaller yet?

--Not really.

Is that the same color that's on Marc's dad's Z06?

-Yes it is.

Originally posted by Dr Chemist:

Welcome to the C5 club.

--This makes me smile for some odd reason.

Whew!!! Hope you guys can make all that out. Damn quote feature kept hacking up my posts. Anyways, thanks again guys for all the comments. I will update the pics section with some more detailed pictures when I get it cleaned up and lowered.

Guest steven
hey the corvette comes with a hurst short throw ripper the perfect launch is at 3000rpm then sidestep and floor it that clutch was made to power shift meaning you dont let off the gas when shifting when racing but the ZO6 corvette is the only vette i dont like pullin up next to at lights cause i know stock the 02 ZO6 ran a 12.2 thats crazy fast but stock C5's i love vettes but i love beatin them to lol anyway bad ass ride

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by high boost talon:

hey the corvette comes with a hurst short throw ripper the perfect launch is at 3000rpm then sidestep and floor it that clutch was made to power shift meaning you dont let off the gas when shifting when racing but the ZO6 corvette is the only vette i dont like pullin up next to at lights cause i know stock the 02 ZO6 ran a 12.2 thats crazy fast but stock C5's i love vettes but i love beatin them to lol anyway bad ass ride

After just noticing this newcomer's ginormous intellect elsewhere, I conclude: Its like every post is a winnar.

Originally posted by Dr. Z06:

I'm amazed at your reaction to the shifter. You hate it? I love it. By chance, did you ever have an opportunity to drive an 03/04 Cobra with a stock shifter? That may be the key here. Anyway, congrats again.

This man speaks the truth. That goes for any car: If you want to love your shifter, test drive an 03 Cobra. If you want to love your clutch pedal, test drive an 03 Cobra. If you need a bulging left quadriceps, own an 03 Cobra.

Originally posted by C6 VET C6:

austin how many times are you gonna change your name on here. lol anyway the car is extremely sexy ... to bad it's gonna be sittin for awhile.

http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif