Home Car Lifts

nurkvinny

Who on here has either a 2-post or 4-post car lift in their home garage? I am looking for opinions and suggestions on brand, weight ratings, 110 vs 220, etc.

Dad's shop has 2 lifts, both are 12,000lb+ units. That's overkill for home use, IMO. I'm looking in the 7,000lb-9,000lb range, probably a 4-post with casters.

Thanks in advance.

i like the 2 post rotory style myself, we had one at work and it was so easy to work under, and you could get to anything under the car (which is usually why you want it lifted in the first place, duh smile.gif ) vs. a drive on.

Originally posted by Zeitgeist:

As crazy as it sounds, I'd be curious if anyone knows of a lift that can be used outdoors.

I know of the scissor-type...portable with castors. What about something that stays outside all the time?

with a sturdy enough tree and enough ratchet straps, problem solved.

I have one 2 post 7000 lbs lift left remaining. I can set up either as 110 for 220. I have one of the lifts in my shop and my dad has one in his. If you do a search on the forum for lifts, you should be able to find the pictures and info. If you can I can email pictures and info.

Here are some of the spec's

Specifications:

-7000 lb capacity

-2 post columns, each column is 9 feet. The side with the motor is 9 foot 8 inches.

-area between posts is 10 feet. Overall width is 12 foot.

- there is a plate that you drive over that contains the cables.

Price $1500. (We can help with set up and can deliver)