Need an engine swap done

Science Abuse

Turns Out we're fucked because my significant other left out a very important fact. She never had a fucking oil change....ever! They found the factory oil filter on it. I go in expecting to bust heads, and turns out I look like a total ass.

Anyways, to all you shops out there, I have a 2002 Nissan Frontier in need of a VG33E. Hopefully you can find one with 43,000 miles or less on it. We plan to sell it off as soon as its done.

So I'm officialy shopping, who out there wants this work?

update, prices to beat:

16,000 mi used engine, $4700 installed.

Nissan reman w/warranty, $6082 installed.

One other option I'm considering;

SBC swap. If think you can make this a hotrod truck for less then $4000, let me know. Its got the Desert Runner suspension package, a quality v8 swap might fetch it a decent price.

Why don't you just swap it Eric? Shop online for an engine. When the engine in my Sentra blew I got a 60K mile one for $800 and I installed it myself with friends over three weekends.

The only reason I say do it yourself is to save money since you are getting rid of it ASAP. If she didn't change the oil EVER who knows what else hasn't been changed, next the tranny will go.

Engine

Nissan Truck -6 Cyl (VG33E, VIN "E"), exc. suprchrged L3404 $1500.07 Brims Imports Auto USA-OH(Kenton) Request_Quote 1-800-221-3874 Request_Insurance_Quote

Engine

Nissan Truck 6 Cyl (VG33E), VIN "E" (4th digit)-GOLD O0758 $1000.07 Brims Imports Auto USA-OH(Kenton) Request_Quote 1-800-221-3874

Engine

Nissan Frontier F-5,3.3L,FAC,9-00,-3 50R,-309,-308S 040531 $Call Fox Auto Parts USA-OH(Malvern) E-mail 1-800-228-6159

I'd be down for helping, I have alot of experiance with the VG30 motors, which are pretty much twins to their bigger brother, VG33

If you go with what Nate is suggesting, I'm sure that you won't have too much trouble with an install. If you decide that you are hellbent on swapping in a V8, Nissan makes one, pre-TITan. I think it came in some Infinity SUV. I even hear it's not too bad of a motor.

NOt to stray too far off topic but... she went 43000 miles w/o an oil change in a brand new car? why? what was she thinking?

EDIT: nevermind i saw the same question in the other thread.

But if your planning on selling it after the work is done you might want to just replace it with the same type of engine that came in it from the factory.

Originally posted by harry's94tsi:

NOt to stray too far off topic but... she went 43000 miles w/o an oil change in a brand new car? why? what was she thinking?

because she is a woman (or part of the vast majority of women) that are mechanically retarded.

hold on a sec. it had a factory oil filter on it, so what. if i remember corectly, they charged you for an oil filter when they replaced the oil pump, so damn skippy it should have a factory oil filter on it. a newish one unless they charged you for a new one and didnt put it on. also, they would have put fresh oil in it when they had the pan and crap off to do the pump.

wonder why the sediment in the bottom of the pan didnt tip them off that something was about to let lose.

they had dated records an notes from the last time she had it in. They stated the factory filter was still on there, practicaly chemicaly bonded to the truck. Plus she admitted to have never gotten an oil change. It took ever bit of restraint I had not to go off on her in a "how fucking stupid can you be!?" kinda way. ButI made the points calmly. Including depriciation of the trucks value, this will priobably cost us $10,000 all told.

Guest buckeyefarmboy

www.junkyarddog.com i got a very rare toyota diesel w/3600 mi off there for 2100 + 60 dollars shipping from houston TX to marietta ohio ordered on friday 3:00 engine sitting on loading dock here 11 A.M. monday

also check out asap engines they arean importer of japanese enginesvthat is where the yota engine came from junkyard dog was just the search engine

Originally posted by The Stig:

Got a dude that my folks use alot and swear by. He's got a 14k mi engine, bought, installed, and wartranted for around $3g.

I'd love to do it myself, but that aint happening in my apartment complx parking lot.

Mike, j00 got PM. ;)

replied

get the supercharged engine that Nate found, and have either dave or Scott do it. As I recall, Scott used to have engine swaps listed in his sig. If you're gonig to sell it, who cares about a warranty?

Originally posted by The DropTop:

get the supercharged engine that Nate found, and have either dave or Scott do it. As I recall, Scott used to have engine swaps listed in his sig. If you're gonig to sell it, who cares about a warranty?

Prospective buyers. We still need cover $8000+ in remaining principal.

If the SC can be done with no ECU mods or Wiring harnesses, it could be doable. Anyone know?

Prospective buyers. We still need cover $8000+ in remaining principal.

If the SC can be done with no ECU mods or Wiring harnesses, it could be doable. Anyone know?

You'll need a supercharged ecu, wiring harness, knock sensors, and possibly an O2 sensor. Not worth it I.M.O.

I hate to sound like a dousche, but I'm not sure I want to do buisness with freinds. Beleive me, its outa love. People doing automotive service accept a bit of risk. If something goes wrong, which can happen no matter how good you are, I dont want to have to go after you. Imagine fronting cash for a costly mistake.

I hate to sound like a dousche, but I'm not sure I want to do buisness with freinds. Beleive me, its outa love. People doing automotive service accept a bit of risk. If something goes wrong, which can happen no matter how good you are, I dont want to have to go after you. Imagine fronting cash for a costly mistake.

Imagine if something went right, and you saved cash. :D

Never said they didn't do good work, I'm sure they do. It's just a weight off me'mind. smile.gif

Erock -

If you buy the motor, than you as the purchaser would assume responsbility of its condition?

I've swapped a couple engines and its hard to fuck up an engine install these days. Its more of finding leaky gaskets, seals, etc bfore the motor goes in

I understand where you are coming from though...fruitcake smile.gif