Is it illegal to....

SPLN SUX

I know its illegal to make your car look in any way like a State highway Interceptor/ Local or sherrifs cruiser, but is it illegal to make it look like police vehical of another country/ continent????

you can make it look like an undercover cop car, with the spotlight and such. A friend of mine even put a cage between the front and back seats. You just cant put anything that actually says police.

You can have red and blue lights, you just cant use em, but Im sure any cop will give you shit for having them.

well heres the thing... the color scheme is pretty different for Swedish Police. The front fenders are blue, the rear quarters are blue, an the word "POLIS" is on the doors and the hood... thats it. Of course they have lightbars, badges, and bumper guards on them, but i wouldnt have any of those. Just the blue graphic and the word POLIS on the hood and doors. The LED's would be pretty hidden and you could see the headlight intercepter boxes unless you looked for them.

It would look like this sorta (this one looks like ass ompared to the S40 one i saw) , but with a richer blue.. like a candyapple...

http://www.volvoxc.com/pics/misc/2000-swedish-police-car-500-2.jpg

Any law enforcement officers have a word???

Guest Rane

I would make fun of you for wanting to make your volvo look like the polis but I Am speechless.

Lets fake a highspeed chase down the highway and only go like 70mph. That way a real cop can pull us over and you can tell him you chased me all the way from across sea's.

Originally posted by Rane:

I would make fun of you for wanting to make your volvo look like the polis but I Am speechless.

Lets fake a highspeed chase down the highway and only go like 70mph. That way a real cop can pull us over and you can tell him you chased me all the way from across sea's.

Interesting idea.... dunno if id like to explain that one to a judge but if we could do it somewhere isolated w/ light traffic and someone video taping... it might make some good entertainment smile.gif

Heres a Saab one... still looking for the S40...

http://www.homanx.com/gallerypolicecars/euro/gallerypolicecarssaab.jpg

Originally posted by ttemper:

coming from volvolution what do you expect.

hey, i just like being different. If a handful of people laugh at it, fuck it. I know the euro-car community would appreiciate the effort and originality.

Who cares if it looks gehy right??? You wont ever drive it ;)

I remember the Cannonball 3000 some guy had a BMW that said Polize on the side, but it was an actual German police car that was imported to the USA. He was actually pulling over people, it was kinda funny.

polis still means police, thus illegal... besides, like everyone else said... why? If you tried to pull me over, I'd pull over, then when you got out to pretend like you were writing me a ticket, I'd take a big steaming poo on your hood.