le mans

supldys

so who else went?

I was with a friend of mine and his brother, his brother walked off for awhile and called the cell "hey dude you gotta check out this sweet VR4!"

walk over and its none other than mr.yetzers haha he wasnt anywhere around though.

Awesome race, the lambo did pretty well, good race between it and the saleen.

lot of vettes in the infield, bunch of C6's

saw one C5 with some nice LPE wheels, wonder what else he had in it smile.gif

good times

-Jono

Yep I made it out there for the day..it was a lot of fun. All I have to say is the C5R's and the Porsche's are damn loud, same with the Panoz car. The Lambo was awesome, wish there were more of them. We were sitting up on one of the mounds when along comes the S7 with its hood flapping a bit, next thing you know damn thing flies off over the fences into the trees :eek: . Few guys ran to go get it but the staff wouldnt let them keep it. Got a few pics as well.

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/camry99trd/album?.dir=/da19&.src=ph

Guest nevarmore

Eric, Jesse and I are the offical CR and TA hardcore fans. Showed up Saturday at noon and didn't leave till Sunday at 5.

The spec Mazda open wheel racers were very fun to watch. They had a lovely hum that only the rotorheads would appreciate. ALMS is always worth watching. I have about 8 rolls of film to process. I'll scan in the good ones and post 'em.

To those of you who werent there, you should have been. A Mid-Ohio weekend is relatively cheap. You get to see AT LEAST 4 different racing leagues compete, usually more.

Jono, you walked in front of me and Ty by the S-turn during the ALMS race, and I got up to track you down but lost you in the crowd.

If you looked HARD enough, you would've seen my car in the Vette group. Chevy even set up a free "Corvette Racing" hospitality tent that I could get freebies (zilch, zero, nada). I too was a 10am Saturday to...well...3pm Sunday guy. (I had to go to a hockey game tonight at 7!) That C5 with the LPE wheels had the full Lingenfelter performance treatment, with a stroked and supercharged engine. I left before everyone else today, but a buddy of mine there said it sounded evil when he started it up.

This was my first ALMS race, and my first venture to Mid-Ohio. To those who haven't ever been there, you are truly missing one of the automotive gems in the state of Ohio. I had a blast, and i agree; even my cheap-ass can't deny the entertainment a $40 ticket (and free Corvette infield parking pass!) that this weekend had. I'll be there next year! smile.gif

I was parked like 10 cars down from yetzers 3000. I was comeing back to my car and noticed someone hood open so I look overand see who it is and then see some punk kids under the hood touching shit (not sure what they were doing). I yelled at them and they ran off likr they were up to something.

Dude I would think twice about leaveing the hood up in the middle of a big feild when the view is blocked by many other cars.

Anyway did anyone see the shark prototype vette? Or the cs-v in street form sitting like 10 yds from the road in the infield. Or did anyone see the noble display.

I was there too, Saturday after 3 and all day Sunday. The Star Mazda race was awsome. 41 cars in a field for the first year of that car is impressive.

I ran into a few other people there, but I didn't realize so many of you were there.

I was in the grass in the Esses on Sun so I probably walked by a few of you without even noticing.

Guest xxxyyyzzz

I was there (a friend runs in Speed Channel World Challenge), and had a great time. Anyone that hasn't gone to Mid-Ohio owes it to themselves to go at least once. I'd recommend going to a driver's ed event first, whether it's sponsored by Honda, Audi, Porsche, whatever. They're plenty inclusive regardless of what you drive there. Once you've been there, you're hooked. Next year I wanna go to the bike races, still haven't been to those...

I thought the Lambo sounded just as good as the Ferrari, which kinda hurt being a Ferrari fan from way back...

Originally posted by Mallard:

I was there too, Saturday after 3 and all day Sunday. The Star Mazda race was awsome. 41 cars in a field for the first year of that car is impressive.

I ran into a few other people there, but I didn't realize so many of you were there.

I was in the grass in the Esses on Sun so I probably walked by a few of you without even noticing.

The new Star Mazda is a bad ass car for the money. Almost as fast as a Atlantic but cost much less.

As Rotary Jihad said I was there.

The whole weekend was very cool. Personally the funnest race of the weekend to watch was the Speed TV GT series. Usually the World Challenge guys are out there fighting tooth and nail but this year that award goes to the GT series.

As would be expected the LeMans cars were a cool race.

I think everyone was sitting in the Esses at some point, the only person I noticed there was Matt.

I can third or forth or fifth, not sure which one, the fact that anyone at some point needs to go to a race up here. Just about any race is fun to go to but if you pick one out that you really like you'll be hooked. Unfortunately the Vintage weekend has past already this year or I'd suggest that for first timers (even though I didn't make it to that one this year), you get to see a lot of cool cars up there from what I've heard and read. Super bike weekend is good one too. I can all most guarantee you will want to go back the next year for some race once you go your first time. graemlins/thumb.gif