M3 vs Z06 vs 911

AudiOn19s

Ok...so I'll ask this question in a neutral forum as if you ask it in the BMW forums the only answer you get is M3 and if you ask it in the Corvette forums all you get is Z06, ect.

Situation...I'm finally nearly out of debt and ready to move onto a new(er) car. Budget is 35-45K. It will be replacing the 325ci that is currently my wife's daily driver...so keep in mind that whatever I go with will be daily driven by my wife. (I put too many miles on a car every day).

So...Which one and why. Obviously if its the 911 it will be a 2001 model...if it's an M3 it will probably be a 02-03 model and probably the same for the Z06.

My heart is with the Porsche and at least in my mind it's the most prestigeous one of the group..but my wife Hates the car (she'd drive one though if I truely chose it). The M3 is the most refined and still a blast to drive. The Vette is hands down the best performer but I've fallen in love with my Audi and the BMW quality and I'm not sure if I'd start to look past the pure performance of the vette after long and wish I had gone with another choice.

Soo....I'm interested to see what car people would pick and why. Whatever I get will be modded slightly (wheels, suspension, intake and exhaust)...but remember the wife will drive it everyday...it's been hard enough to train her to drive with 19's and suspension on the BMW already...so stuff like cams in the Z06 would be out of the question.

Andy

Although all of them are great cars. The 911 is my dream car, and the new vette demands respect, the M3 is definately the best mix of all of them while probably holding more resale later than the rest also. I'm still not sold on the interior build quality of any GM as they all fall apart much quicker than most any foreign car brands. The Porsche although gorgeous and fast is not very practical for daily use. I'm sure i'll get jumped on by all the domestic lovers but let's remember this is just my opinion.

Why only those 3? I wouldn’t pick any vette or porsche for a daily driver in Ohio that is. The m3 is a great car but its rwd. Does your girl have experience driving with rwd in the snow? If so, and shes cool with it, great. But if not why not consider a audi s4. 4 wheel drive, bi-turbo v6, stick or auto. You can mod it just the same as the m3. My .02

Originally posted by Deals On Wheels:

E36 M3.

early E46 M3s had very bad build quality (engine lower)

E36 cars, particularly the coupes, have a very high rate of rear subframe failure. the engine problems with the early E46 are covered by a recall iirc...

Originally posted by Relegate:

Stop being a pussy, get the fucking wife a minivan, and get the goddamn Z06.

I agree. Get her something SHE will like driving daily and if you want a toy, then buy what you want AFTER you buy her a new car.

Originally posted by recklessOP:

E36 cars, particularly the coupes, have a very high rate of rear subframe failure. the engine problems with the early E46 are covered by a recall iirc...

The e36 M3s do not suffer from the subframe problem found in the 3 series chassis.

Early e46 m3 motors were covered under SOME and voided by others. (similar to the sti/evo racing policy)