Got another car!

70rsz28

I just got a 92 Talon TSi AWD. I only paid $800 for it, but I need to rebuild the motor cuz it spun a rod bearing. The good part is the interior looks new, its been repainted, and its got a totaly rebuilt head with it. Its got 145,000 on it. Figured it would do a little better in the snow and better on gas than my 84 Buick LeSabre with a 307 in it. I wanna make it go Mid/Low 13s if anyone wants to give me some hints on what to do to get there I would greatly appreciate it.

Guest tbirdchick
another dsmer, you will have a blast in the winter with that car if you got it up in running by the time the big snow hits. 1g's can handle alot of power, check out dsmtuners.com and the other links they have on that site, they have many ideas and routes you can go with on your car. good luck!

Guest Harris92
Thats a great year for a dsm, because it should have the six bolt motor and four bolt rear end. Dave is right, a manuel boost controller should do it, but a full exhaust boost controller and a fuel pump would almost be a sure bet. graemlins/thumb.gif

Bump, My dads been talkin and I think hes gonna buy me a set of JE forged pistons w/eagle rods and bore the motor .20 befor we put it back together. So if that gets done I dont know where Im gonna go with her eventualy. Prolly gonna be low 12s when im done and depending on how well the drivetrain holds up maybe shell see 11s some day! smile.gif My daily driver is gonna be faster than my Stang for now.

Congrads. You bought that from brian I suspect?

With a built motor and a 16g (with a lil 50 shot) I ran 11.70s with plenty left in it... all in the heavy ass full weight 2g. Building a 4g63 is quite easy if you take your time and check your tollerances.

columbusDSM is just a lil bit more reliable when it comes to proper info in the DSM world than Tooners. ;)