wax??

grease monkey

so i was power washing the truck today, and used simonize power wash soap, and now all of the wax that was on the truck from the dealer is gone. that shit ate it all off. need some suggestions on what is good, heard that meguriers gold class is good shit, but have not ever used it, i'm not looking to wear my arms out putting it on or taking it off either. thanks in advance.

Guest lustful

yeah it depends on how in depth you wanna go. at least once every six months mine gets meguiars three stages, with an extra layer of gold class. clay bar also really helps the finish as well. removes all the bonded shit from the paint.. leaves it very very smooth.

gold class is good, but only if you are looking for a shine not really something to remove swirls, or deepen the paint or protection.

haven't used the NXT stuff yet so i can't comment, but i really like the three stage setup and then just step 3 carnubia after that for a while.

Originally posted by rarest truck on CR:

how much of a pain in the ass is it take it off after you put it on???

well don't let it haze on there for hours and it rubs out pretty easy. you can always put it on by hand and buff it with a machine saves alot of time.

Guest h8tcivics
I first use RainX carwash/wax, then before you dry the car use Eagle one Wax as you dry for a 2nd coat, then I finish off with another coat of Eagleone Wet shine Wax or Meguiars gold glass paste. When I really feel lazy I use a paint sealent that I used from A touch of Class carwash.... seals your cars paint for 6months...also feels like you have 10 coats of wax on it..but you can only get the stuff if you have a dealers license. I am fortunate to have some...the stuff is made by Valugaurd. best stuff in the world!

Zaino if you want to pay a lot of money, or NXT if you only want to pay $15 for a bottle.

I have used NXT this year on my Vette and it's done a phenominal job hiding swirl marks. My buddy Ty stopped using Zymol on his Z06 and now goes with NXT.

Again, I would recommend Zaino Bros. first, but NXT is great.

I've yet to see a product from Zaino I didn't find to be of great quality. From their car wash to their detailer, to their tire shine and their polishes, it is the shit.

If anyone has ever seen Blackbird99's car (99 T/A), it is a black car without any swirl marks....not something you normally see. Further, Zaino is non-abbrasive, something you can't say about a lot of other products out there. Good stuff.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

Zymol------>My favorite by far

I have used the other Z, Zaino, and although Zaino does give it a beautiful shine, it doesn't make the water bead like a good quality wax will do.

There is a difference between polishing and waxing, and I am a believer in waxing. Carnuba is the shit.

Originally posted by Cone Smasher:

I have used the other Z, Zaino, and although Zaino does give it a beautiful shine, it doesn't make the water bead like a good quality wax will do.

I beg to differ. I used Zaino on my Mazda a few weeks ago and now when I go to wash it I can't get the car wet. When I spray it with a hose the water just beads up and rolls off. When it rains I just drive it around the block and it looks like it was just washed. Zaino is the shit. I've heard way to many good stories from Zaino users.

Originally posted by Cone Smasher:

BS, TOTAL BS. Trevor has his 99 30th Zaino'ed up; that thing beads like nothing else. Hell, just a hard drive in the rain gets all the bugs to slide off the front end. Every time I've Zainoed my car, it beads better than the Meguires I used to use.