Black Mk4 GTI with front mount...you here?

AudiOn19s

Driving up Polaris last night in the M3 with a trunk full of groceries when I come upon a MK4 Gti going extremely slow...I was like "drive the speed limit dusche"...then I realized he was waiting for me.

sorry I didn't really play man...wife in the car and trunk full of melting groceries...maybe some other time...from what I saw the car doesn't go bad though. Actually with the right wheels that car is exactly my style...very subtle...dropped, light tint, debadged, stealth other than that overly obvious polished front mount it's a super clean car...you'd like my A4 it's set up much the same way.

Andy

It's not what it runs in the quarter that's important...you want lap times from Mid Ohio?

Seriously though...I've never had it to the drag strip...with the 19's and heavy ass tires 13.4 is a realistic guess. Origional owner ran 13.1 with 18's and in good air but the car has since had the dreaded rod bearing recall done wich kills about 5-10hp mainly due to running 60 weight oil.

What's upstream of that Front mount.. KO4??? GT 28??? if he's thinking of a turbo upgrade I can probably get him a ride in a wicked quick GT 28 powered A4.

Andy

I agree the car is lookin good...the only thing I don't care for is that polished front mount...get that thing coated black and some 19's on it and you're good to go. I'm sure the smaller wheels and tires are an indicator of his performance aspirations for the car though.

Andy

Originally posted by AudiOn19s:

It's not what it runs in the quarter that's important...you want lap times from Mid Ohio?

Seriously though...I've never had it to the drag strip...with the 19's and heavy ass tires 13.4 is a realistic guess. Origional owner ran 13.1 with 18's and in good air but the car has since had the dreaded rod bearing recall done wich kills about 5-10hp mainly due to running 60 weight oil.

What's upstream of that Front mount.. KO4??? GT 28??? if he's thinking of a turbo upgrade I can probably get him a ride in a wicked quick GT 28 powered A4.

Andy

I think that car is broke right now. His manifolds cracked and warped. The gold car right ;) .

the gold a4 as in chip's ride? I remember when he was running like 30 psi on the stock turbo and blew it up. Good times...

Does the GTI loook like this....http://www.dubohio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=782&highlight=

If so I know it, but I never really thought his front mount was really obvious. I think he's doing 13.2's...stock turbo and he's looking to upgrade.

Yeah...Chip's car...it's the fastest 1.8t...errr. 2.0L that I've ever been in.

BAM...I'm not sure we're talking about the same black car unless that's an old picture of it. That car doesn't appear to have tint...the one I saw had at least 50%...more likely 35%. car pictured doesn't looked to be dropped, the one I saw was def. dropped, also the one I saw did not have those wheels...could have had the wheels from the silver car but I never got a good look at them...I do know they weren't the ones pictured though. Looks like the black car pictured has projectors...the one that was messing with me def. did not have projectors rather some super white bulbs of some sort that reflected a distinctive blue in the factory housing. I'm pretty certain the car I saw had a red Neuspeed sticker on the lower front of the quarter glass.

Probably a different car...one thing everyone seems to know in this thread...GOLDIE!!!