flat/rectangle muffler pipe

Guest Ponyfreak

Guest Ponyfreak
At the PRI show two years ago I saw a company that sold muffler pipe that transitioned from 3" to a 1" X 12 wide piece. They had many different styles of this pipe. I searched all over google for this, but cannot find it. Anyone know who makes this stuff?

Guest Ponyfreak

matt, I have side exhasut. It is deafening. I have tried 3 different muffler systems and they are all extremely too loud. I am going to attempt to go out the rear with the exxhasut. What is keeping me from doing it now is my aeromotive pump, swirl tank, filters, and AN lines for the fuel system that are mounted where the exhaust used to go.

I have to go under the IRS to get it out the back. I am thinking I will have to fab up a transition myself.

I checked out that MM site. They KINDA have what i am looking for, but not really.

Guest Ponyfreak
That is getting closer. I will thumb throughte PRI show register and see if I can find the manufacturer. THey had pipe that went from a 3" ID to a 1"thick X 8" wide piece. Very unusual looking stuff.

Originally posted by Ponyfreak.:

Rob- You and I are on the same page.

I just broke out my PRI show book, and thumbed through it. I cannot find them either. THis is fustrating...

I remember seeing the stand and grabbing a pamphlet either last year or this year, but I cant find it. Something like that wouldnt be that hard to make at all, we did something similar on our turbochopper. You can get some pretty odd sounds from that much flat surface area...

Fabtech makes a great program for making transitions, the Trans IV proggy will do hopper transitions (square to round) and give you a full scale template to print, so if you are good with sheet metal and have a break and shear they arent bad to make.