No stunting in FL.

Angrish

Florida should be ready to pass bill 137 ....If you are got doing a wheelie its a 1000 dollars and jail time If you get got more than once fines go up to 5000 dollars and 5 years in prison ..This also includes ppl in cars going well over the speed limit like "50" over!!

I guess stunting is a crime!!:p:);):D

Its going to happen here to. If you get got speeding 50 mph over they are talking about jail time. NO MATTER WHAT!! loss the bike and fines are going to be 500% more than before.And there is no way to beat it .

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if you have absolutely no idea of the power of the bike you just hopped on? Accidentally pop a wheelie?

For instance....I get Satan drunk, then his wife, so neither of them are coherent, then convince Satan to let me "borrow" his bike......

Hell, forget that! The bar tab would be more expensive than buying a new bike and the fines.....combined!

What if you have absolutely no idea of the power of the bike you just hopped on? Accidentally pop a wheelie?

For instance....I get Satan drunk, then his wife, so neither of them are coherent, then convince Satan to let me "borrow" his bike......

Hell, forget that! The bar tab would be more expensive than buying a new bike and the fines.....combined!

:lol:

And that's why people RUN! There's no incentive to stop. :nono:

Lawmakers crack me up. Speeding will NEVER end. Hell I speed many times in my 4cylinder Malibu. The biggest dangers are the cops trying to catch up to speeders that they will never catch. Up the punishment and you get WAY more not stopping and ditching your ass. :slap:

No people ran before the law was enacted so that can't be the reason. It's because they are morons and don't give a shit about the people around them. The law is for 50 over too. 50 OVER! If you are doing 75 down my residential 25 I would personally like to stomp your face in.

That also means 115 in a 65. Most of these morons can't handle 80MPH safely.

I think 50MPH over was a good marker to set. It's a decent excessive amount that isn't just ridiculously too high or too low. A lawyer can plea this down easy I bet. It also though gives power to the judge to make an example out of someone or slap some lil sumabitch who can't get it through his stupid little head that there's a time and place for everything.

People just don't understand that speed is the #1 contributer to auto deaths.

Oh if you run, even on a bike, I hope a cop checks your ass in his car because you deserve it.

I've never heard of anyone doing 75mph in a 25mph neighborhood.

I want to stomp the people I see speeding 45 in my 25 neighborhood now, but that isn't what this is about. This is ANYWHERE. That day you got on it coming home from cbus would've got you LIFE. You're not a criminal, you wouldn't deserve any punishment like that. :nono:

I disagree that speed is the #1 contributor to death. It's people not paying attention when they're driving. Had a guy yesterday run a red light and about hit me and he wasn't speeding. He was too busy talking to his passenger.

See those are exaggerated and anecdotal views. I would have gotten a ticket. I was no where near as fast you guys. :p Just like I said in my other post, this is something a lawyer will be able to get knocked down left and right unless you are doing this stupid shit in traffic or something. They aren't throwing people in jail for doing 100 in a 65, they are for 115 in a 65. MAX 1 year for the first offense and MAX 5 for the second.

Disagree all you want, but I think the stats disagree with you. I'll look it up again later if I absolutely have to. Of course there are plenty of cases of people not paying friggin attention. We deal with it everyday.

but... even the people that are paying attention aren't expecting the vehicle they saw when they glanced over their should to change lanes to have been doing 100 whether it be a car or motorcycle.

When you are on a motorcycle that perception of speed to an on onlooker is different to begin with. The size of a motorcycle and rider being so small often makes it difficult for others to judge it's apparent speed at any decent distance. There's a scientific name for this I can't remember off the top of my head.

That doesn't account for the fact that even on the interstate the expected speeder is lower than a 100MPH when managing your way through even moderate traffic. So if everyone traveling faster is averaging ~80 the driver might be expecting ~80 max. A quick glance over the shoulder to see it's clear isn't going to anticipate an object doing triple digits to show up all of a sudden.

Maybe my view is different because I ride in traffic and commute on my bike more than I rec ride.

Yeah sorry. should have thought about it when you ran and won't stop. Car or bike when you decide to put others lives at risk running through traffic or past peoples homes you gave up the right to yours as far I'm concerned. Others lives don't matter to you over a ticket, why should yours matter to me.

Then again when I was working ER XRay in Cali I saw a little girl, 8 years old, who is probably walking with a limp for the rest of her life because some dick on a motorcycle decided to run instead of taking a speeding ticket. How long did the chase last...about 10 secs. He hit them right after he took off pinning it when he saw the lights behind him. That's just one instance I saw come through.

Yeah sorry. should have thought about it when you ran and won't stop. Car or bike when you decide to put others lives at risk running through traffic or past peoples homes you gave up the right to yours as far I'm concerned. Others lives don't matter to you over a ticket, why should yours matter to me.

Then again when I was working ER XRay in Cali I saw a little girl, 8 years old, who is probably walking with a limp for the rest of her life because some dick on a motorcycle decided to run instead of taking a speeding ticket. How long did the chase last...about 10 secs. He hit them right after he took off pinning it when he saw the lights behind him. That's just one instance I saw come through.

Better hope you and I never meet on a ride.I see you speed and I will damn sure go road rash on your ass.Bam straight left kick sending you off the road.

Better hope you and I never meet on a ride.I see you speed and I will damn sure go road rash on your ass.Bam straight left kick sending you off the road.

:lol: I forgot about that game...I used to play that shit all the time...